Primary Locations: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Employee Status: Regular
The National Bank is currently looking for a Manager Commercial Banking, Agriculture for its mid-market commercial Agriculture division.
By joining our agribusiness financing team, you will have the opportunity to support large agricultural businesses with all their financing projects!
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, you will act as a strategic business partner by advising agriculture / agribusiness clients on integrated financing solutions and deposit strategies that meet their needs.
This role is located in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- As a Manager Commercial Banking, Agriculture, you will manage an agriculture / agribusiness portfolio while being responsible for business expansion
- You will actively participate in activities designed to increase volume
- To ensure client loyalty, you will maintain frequent contacts with clients and suggest solutions that meet and exceed their expectations. You will also identify and develop business opportunities in your market
- In addition, you will develop an agriculture / agribusiness clientele and establish business development strategies
- Moreover, you will see to it that the quality of your loan and deposit portfolio is maintained, ensure its expansion and maximize its profitability by taking on a consulting role in line with clients' needs
- You will assist your immediate superior with a view to achieving objectives. You will also negotiate the terms and conditions of agreements with clients by applying credit management and collateral taking standards
- To ensure constant improvement, you will cooperate with organizational change and help resolve problematic situations
- Identify and develop business opportunities in your market, build up your clientele, and establish business development strategies
- Maintain regular contact with your clients and ensure their loyalty by initiating proposals that go beyond their needs
- Negotiate terms and conditions for agreements with agribusiness clients, making sure that they meet risk management standards and profitability criteria
- Obtain business objectives fixed by the business line
- Develop the portfolio assigned to you and increasing its profitability by providing your clients with the advice they need using your knowledge and high-level professional experience
- Ensure maximum visibility for yourself and the Bank with associations and private and governmental organizations, and participate actively in activities attended by decision-makers in your region's financial and agricultural sectors
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or Agroeconomics and six years of relevant experience or completed Master's degree in a related field and four years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience in the field and excellent aptitude for sales and business development
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written)
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2023-01-31
Job Number: AGR000CK
Posting Date: 2023-01-17