Primary Locations: Waterloo, Ontario
Employee Status: Regular
National Bank Financial – Wealth Management is the fifth largest mutual funds brokerage firm in Canada.
We have nearly 1,000 investment advisors in more than 100 branches, and we help more than 400,000 individual clients manage their assets.
The individual in this position is responsible for ensuring the sound management of the branch by performing administrative tasks that require thorough knowledge of operational procedures and activities. He or she will coordinate the implementation of special projects initiated by Head Office or regional management.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensures that the branch's daily operations (such as account management, fund management, receiving and delivering securities to/from clients, and managing correspondence) run smoothly
- Acts as a contact person in resolving operational and relational issues for all branch staff
- Carries out cost control activities for the branch that have been delegated by the regional manager, and promotes good business practices
- Completes forms and makes sure that all branch employees' logistical needs are met when they start and leave, as well as keeping employees' files up to date (vacation, absences, performance reviews, etc.)
- Takes charge of first-level IT and telecommunications support for branch personnel
- Answers phone calls at the reception desk, welcomes clients and directs them to the appropriate employee
- Organizes and manages client meeting room schedules
- Coordinates meetings (breakfast meetings, conferences with internal and external stakeholders)
- Performs more complex operational tasks daily
- Every day, makes sure that administrative policies and procedures, as well as any communications from Head Office addressed to branch personnel are distributed, understood and complied with
- Makes sure that the premises and a quality work environment are maintained by liaising with suppliers, maintaining the inventory of stationery and office supplies, and making sure that office equipment is functional
- Allocates new issues to IAs according to the instructions received from the regional manager or branch manager
Competencies required :
- College diploma in administrative technology or office technology and 3 years' experience in the brokerage industry (sales or operations)
- Successful completion of the Conduct and Practices Handbook Course and the Canadian Securities Course, an asset
- Thorough understanding of the Investment Advisor's Guide, Compliance Manual and Operations Manual for Branches
- Organizational and priority management skills
- Good communication, leadership, initiative and ability to work independently
- Very good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and IT systems used in branches (EI, IRIS, GDO, etc. or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office tools such as Microsoft Teams, Yammer and SharePoint
- Ability to adapt to change and work under pressure
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Particular Condition:The candidate needs to be able to identity all risks inherent to the sector's activities
JobField: Wealth Management
Unposting Date: 2023-03-28
Job Number: SUP001MA
Posting Date: 2023-03-14