Primary Locations: Victoria, British Columbia
Employee Status: Regular
- Are you looking to advance your career as a Branch Administrator?
- Does managing and leading a branch team interest you?
- Do you have coaching and training skills?
- Do you have compliance experience and investment knowledge?
This new opportunity could be right for you!
As the Manager of Administration and Operations in Victoria, you will report directly to the Regional Management team. You will have a Leadership position and will help with the management of the branch. The job focuses on realizing the vision of NBF which includes agility, empowerment and making a positive impact on our clients, employees and community. You'll listen attentively to your employees, be actively involved in their daily coaching, and ensure your team's professional development.
- Create, enhance and supervise the daily administrative, operational HR functions in the Victoria branch
- Lead the employee evaluation and performance management process for all operations and administrative staff
- Provide regional HR support for sourcing and screening new talent
- Organize and implement new employee training
- Be a key communication anchor and supporter of head office initiatives, ensuring administrative policies and procedures are understood and complied with
- Act as a resource to solve operational and relational problems for the region
- Assist RM with branch profitability, cost optimization measures, growth opportunities and business development initiatives.
- Ensure strict adherence to branch level regulatory compliance requirements
- Coordinate, implement and act as a change agent for special projects
- Enhance and improve processes and ensure the daily operations of the branch run cohesively and without error
- Primary person to escalate operational client related issues
- Maintain Business Continuity Plan and ready to execute if required
- Hire, coach, mentor and manage the performance of your operation agents
- Primary resource person in solving human resources-related matters for all branch employees; as well as keeping employee HR files up to date
- Lead the recruitment and hiring of branch staff in Victoria:
- Post roles, sort and pre-screen applicants
- Quarterback (coordinate & participate in) all administrative documentation and training to ensure all new staff are onboarded seamlessly
- Establish performance objectives and provide feedback on the performance of staff
- Work with HR, Employee Relations and RM to offer feedback on corrective action as appropriate for underperforming associates
- Coordinate, oversee and ensure adequate training for associates on new processes & procedures, personal development and continued professional growth
- Be a local leader, take “ownership” of the branch morale, relationship with partners, cohesiveness of branch, facilitate monthly meetings
- Provide support to the RM on a variety of tasks, such as assist in the development of tools to optimize advisors' performance and coordinate marketing activities in order to improve the firm's visibility in our local communities (advertising, sponsorships, events)
- Ensure adherence to compliance standards by exercising rigorous follow up in order to ensure that the corrective measures recommended are implemented
- Responsible for delegated compliance tasks, such as supervision of mail, missing documents report, supervision of control accounts or inactive codes, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5+ years relevant branch administrative experience within the Investment or Banking Industry
- Completion (or willingness to complete) the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH)
- Management experience showing a high level of leadership, initiative and autonomy
- Experience in coaching and training personnel
- Recognized financial expertise (processes, products & applications)
- Demonstrated ability to create workable solutions to complex issues
- Able to mediate and facilitate large groups and communicate effectively with internal and external partners
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first :
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Wealth Management
Unposting Date: 2023-02-01
Job Number: MAN0043W
Posting Date: 2023-01-18