Primary Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia
Employee Status: Regular
A career at National Bank Financial - Wealth Management means joining a dynamic and inclusive team. We are the fifth largest securities brokerage firm in Canada. There are nearly 1,000 investment advisors in more than 100 branches that manage the assets of more than 400,000 clients.
As a Senior Wealth Associate, you will play a critical leadership role in the team. Basically, you'll be the quarterback who makes sure the branch runs smoothly. You will work closely with the advisors. You will develop marketing materials and participate in client financial planning meetings. You will lead the integration, training and coaching of new members of your team. You will oversee the onboarding process for new customers and monitor the workflow to provide them with distinctive service.
Your work will allow you to be at the heart of the action and to continuously develop yourself. You will take care of the most complex questions and offer personalized service to clients. All this in a dynamic environment in constant change!
Your work will be divided into 3 main parts:
- Business development (40%)
- Administrative (30%)
- And customer service (30%)
Come and make your contribution to our collective success!
More details on your RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Development (40%)
- Analyses client accounts and situations, in order to generate business opportunities
- Actively participates in Investment Advisors’ business development activities such as creating prospecting lists, prequalifying C and D prospects, presenting the wealth management service offering to existing clients (insurance, estate, banking services, etc.), sending out information on wealth management products, and making follow-up calls.
- Develops marketing material presenting IAs’ service offering, brochures and newsletters, coordinates the organization of client seminars and develops content for them.
- Manage communications for referrals and introductions to lawyers, accountants, banker, etc. on behalf of the Advisor
- Participate in client financial planning meetings – prepare packages (gathering all financial content), ensure follow up, and next steps
- Coordinate engagement with team of experts – including periodic meeting with wealth solutions manager
- Monitor activity, track progress and work with the advisor to analyze prospecting efforts of team, ensuring high quality prospect interactions
- Collaborate with the advisor to develop innovative sales and marketing strategies to improve sales results
- Help advisor in preparing the annual business plan and tracking progress
- Makes sure that administrative operations related to managing client accounts and customer service run smoothly by coordinating or, in certain cases, supervising the work of associate/investment associate daily.
- Lead the integration, training and coaching of new team members
- Provide quotations, takes orders (unsolicited trades), processes the purchase and sale of stocks (block of stocks) and adjusts the trades (cancellations and corrections).
- Supervise new client onboarding process and monitor workflow
- Prepare (or oversee) packages for client meetings
- Investigate and resolve inquiries and complaints related to accounts and refer to the advisor or regional management where appropriate
- Manage and perform annual year end tax planning service
- Team expert in technology trends/changes and how to adapt and advance business systems to improve the client experience and operational efficiencies
- Produce periodic portfolio reporting for clients
Client Service (30%)
- Quarterback administrative client requests and ensure all admin needs of the client are taken care of
- Takes charge of the most complex questions and offers personalized service to clients
- Support Advisor in the client service plans, make routine/regular calls as directed by Advisor
- Maintain current knowledge of client accounts and offer suggestions to Advisor for ways to improve service and provide more added value
- Completed college and / or university degree in a field related to the industry and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in portfolio management, financial planning, marketing and social media, or taxation
- Securities Course and / or Conduct Standards Handbook Course (valid) If you do not have the required licenses, by accepting the position you commit to successfully completing the required courses within the year following your entry into position.
- Strong technological aptitude - easy navigation in Microsoft Office, experience with social media and web presence
- Knowledge of current market activity and trends
- Leadership, autonomy, thoroughness, and perseverance
- Propensity to provide exceptional customer service
- Good adaptation to change
- Sense of organization and priority management
- Ability to work under pressure and in a team
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required depending on where the position is located
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Particular Condition:Position paid 100% base salary + redirected premium + bonus. If you don’t have the required licences, by accepting the position, you pledge to successfully complete the Canadian Securities Course and the Conduct and Practices Handbook Course within one year of taking the position. The candidate needs to be able to identify all risks inherent to the sector’s activities.
We thank all candidates who show their interest and apply. However, because of the volume of applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted for a first-round interview.
JobField: Wealth Management
Unposting Date: 2022-05-25
Job Number: SUP001BY
Posting Date: 2022-05-11