Primary Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia
Employee Status: Regular
Private Wealth Advisor – Private Banking 1859 – Vancouver
Private Banking 1859 provides a boutique approach to meet our high-net-worth (HNW) and ultra-high-net-worth (UHNW) clients’ needs, offering personal and business banking, as well as wealth management, estate, and tax planning. Our beautifully designed office is located in the heart of the luxury district of Alberni Street in downtown Vancouver.
We are looking for a professional candidate dedicated to the highest standards of customer service to join our team.
This position will report to the Regional Vice-President, National Bank Private Banking 1859 in Vancouver, B.C.
Your main challenges:
- Develop National Bank's HNW client market within the Montreal territory.
- Increase assets under management for an assigned portfolio by offering wealth management advisory services in line with client needs
- Rigorously apply processes and procedures in order to properly analyze the needs of HNW clients and establish an integrated financial strategy with them
- Lead the implementation of recommendations arising from financial planning
- Ensure the rigorous follow-up of portfolios
- Increase the number of products held by National Bank clients
- Maintain regular contact with clients to monitor their needs and adapt their wealth management solutions to ensure quality customer service
- Offer exceptional customer service through speed, accessibility and competence
- Help identify the business potential of clients under the management of financial planners, investment advisors and Commercial Banking account managers
- Participate in and/or host client events on wealth management
- Work in synergy with all of the National Bank's business lines
- The incumbent must be able to identify the risks inherent to Wealth Management sector activities.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience OR a master's degree in a related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or any other relevant combination of experience and training
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities course and the Conduct and Practices Handbook course
- Another professional designation, an asset: CFA, FICVM, CPA.Pl. Fin.
- Experience in business development with HNW clients and entrepreneurs, and the ability to develop relationships of influence
- Excellent knowledge of investment products (knowledge of financial markets and the economy in order to take action appropriately)
- Knowledge of taxation, retirement planning and estate planning
- Leadership, autonomy, perseverance, teamwork
- Ability to adapt and be creative
- Bilingual in French and/or Mandarin is an asset
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Wealth Management
Unposting Date: 2022-05-27
Job Number: ADV00207
Posting Date: 2022-05-13