Primary Locations: Toronto, Ontario
Employee Status: Regular
Senior Advisor Estate Planning Expertise Centre National Bank Private Banking 1859
- Are you known for your extensive expertise in estate planning?
- Are you committed to offering excellent service to Private Banking 1859 clients? Do you have an exceptional advisory approach?
- Are you looking for a role where you can make use of your communication, analysis and advisory skills in estate planning?
If so, come join the team at Private Banking 1859.
Reporting to the Expertise Centre’s Senior Manager, you will support advisors in estate-related decisions, in particular by drawing up estate plans. Based on your multidisciplinary expertise, you will use your strengths and talents to support this team of nine professionals in achieving its business objectives.
Your main challenges:
- Serve as an expert advisor to clients and provide high-level expertise in estate planning
- Establish trust-based relationships with referred clients to build loyalty; carry out interviews with clients and ensure follow-up and coordination of the steps that follow each interview
- Play a leadership role in your area of expertise
- Maintain internal and external visibility as a high-level expert and build strong networks
- Provide professional assistance and training on estate planning to advisors
- Solve problems and encourage the various parties to work together, become involved and take concrete measures to do so
- Establish and maintain partnerships with the parties involved in the sector’s activities, specifically the other experts and specialists in your region, to achieve common goals
- Completed bachelor’s degree in law and 10 years of relevant experience or completed master’s degree in a related field and 8 years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of taxation
- Tax designation, an asset
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Significant experience as an expert advisor
- Extensive knowledge of estate planning concepts
- Expertise in estate and trust law
- Ability to build solid professional relationships (internal and external clients)
- Ability to quickly raise interest and build trust
- Ability to explain complex estate planning concepts in a simple, complete and practical manner
- Ability to adapt to change
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
Upon hiring, you’ll be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Community involvement program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just some of the many benefits we offer. Due to the current pandemic, our entire team is working remotely. We’ve also rolled out several additional measures to ensure your health, safety, and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We’re a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that’s accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodation, feel free to let us know during our initial conversations.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Are you ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Wealth Management
Unposting Date: 2022-07-04
Job Number: WEA000H0
Posting Date: 2022-06-19