Primary Locations: Toronto, Ontario
Employee Status: Regular
This position Supports Electronic Trading and Market Making at National Bank Financial Group.
Are you ready to join our team of designers, builders and integrators of world class trading technology? Are you motivated by accomplishing remarkable things that have a positive impact and change the world? As our newest Electronic Trading Network Engineer, you will work with our developers, quants, traders and technology experts to implement, test and continuously deliver new features and products to our customers.
What will I do?
As part of small team, you will be responsible for:
Network Engineering (55%)
- Performing network support and analysis in a multi-site, multi-server environment focused primarily on Arista Layer 3 switches, Arista layer 1 switches, Corvil, proprietary FPGA and related technologies in a complex environment.
- Making changes to internetworking & telecommunications infrastructure.
- Hands-on configuration, installation, and maintenance of the LAN/WAN infrastructure, network security, and servers.
- Coordinating implementation of internetworking projects and work with vendors & business partners to ensure that installations meet defined service level objectives.
- Participating as a technical advisor for a variety of IT projects that are driven by business and technological developments.
- Preparing and maintaining network engineering documents & procedures detailing connectivity to financial exchanges and third-party vendors.
- Consulting with management, customers and staff and recommend system, process and procedural improvements
- Monitoring, identifying and remediating IT security issues in accordance with PCI and SOX security programs.
- Developing, maintaining and communicating standards and documentation for use by IT support personnel.
- Daily monitoring, support, maintenance, tuning and health checks of the corporate systems, networks, and infrastructure.
- Participates in disaster recovery planning/testing activities.
- Writes scripts to automate configuration deployment, monitoring and alerting
Technical Support (35%)
- Providing post business hour support for mission critical systems and devices, implementation of changes etc.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues escalated via Jira ticketing system in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring that maintenance agreements are in place and kept current for identified systems.
- Assisting with all aspects of solution implementation including;
- Obtaining vendor quotes for new hardware and software
- Writing statements of Work for project deliverables
- 3rd party invoice review for work performed
What qualifications to I need?
- degree in computer science or information management, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in a network engineering or related role within a broker dealer.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation in Visio
- CCNP certification mandatory, CCIE preferred
- Extensive experience with Arista or Cisco core network technologies (ASR 4k, Catalyst 6500, 4600 series) including a deep knowledge of the Cisco IOS platform
- OSPF/BGP routing concepts, multicast (PIM-SM), IP/ARP/MAC/Spanning-tree issues and configurations, troubleshooting VLAN or physical connectivity for servers and other devices, troubleshooting Cisco access-list, NAT, QOS
- Arista layer 1 switches (Metamako) configuration and troubleshooting experience
- Intermediate/senior knowledge of Cisco ASA firewall configuration and management.
- Experience with Corvil CNE for data capture for trading.
- Python Bash shell, Netconf scripting experience is an asset
- Checkpoint firewall management an asset.
- Cisco site to site VPN configuration experience is required (IKEV2)
- AWS Network associate certification is an asset
- Problem solving skills along with basic project management skills
- Time management & work prioritization
- Maintains positive and professional relationships with external vendors, service providers and customers.
- Detail oriented with high focus on planning.
- Performs well under pressure
- Conflict management
- Team oriented
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first :
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Unposting Date: 2023-03-27
Job Number: FUN00061
Posting Date: 2023-03-13