Primary Locations: Toronto, Ontario
Employee Status: Regular
This position Supports Electronic Trading at National Bank Financial Group.
Are you ready to join our team of designers, builders and integrators of world class trading technology? Are you motivated by accomplishing remarkable things that have a positive impact and change the world? As our newest Electronic Trading team member, you will work with our developers, quants, traders and technology experts to implement, test and continuously deliver new features, services and products to our customers.
- Develop scalable, resilient & reliable reference architectures including integrated monitoring and incident management processes that are automated and data-driven.
- Design, research and document systems and tools that will generate faster response times to incidents through correlation of key events
- Develop plans and strategies to improve network performance, reliability and operational cost-effectiveness
- Design, research and document infrastructure components as requested/required.
- Drive automation and efficiency improvements for all trading related activities.
- Provide consultation and comprehensive support to our internal and external business partners including Trading, Quant Development, Application Services, Distributed Computing (server, storage, web hosting), Information Security, Business Continuity and impacted business stakeholders
- You are recognized for your technical experience in driving technology to the next level
- You are willing to share & learn from others
- You have sound understanding of ITIL / PMP / Hardware / Operating Systems / DevOps / NMS / Network / Security (Traditional/Cyber) / Cloud / UC / Active Directory / SSO / AI & ML
- You are sought out for your ability to develop / implement sound architectures, provide Tier 3 level support to our operations teams & willingness to keep evolving your skills & knowledge
- You are knowledgeable about incident management, problem management and change management processes and their best practices
- You are a great communicator, able to tailor your message to all levels of the organization, technical crowds and senior leaders alike
- University degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Business
- 3-5 years’ experience within fault/performance management system architecture/implementation
- Exposure and experience in Capital markets – specifically in low latency trading an asset.
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
Unposting Date: 2022-01-26
Job Number: FUN0004Q
Posting Date: 2022-01-12