Primary Locations: Toronto, Ontario
Employee Status: Regular
The Commercial Banking – Real Estate Financing Group is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced candidate to support the group’s existing portfolio and to develop and manage new real estate relationships for National Bank.
The Real Estate Financing Group's mission is to support builders and developers in the real estate industry for both interim construction financing projects and long-term mortgage financing of high-quality assets.
This position reports to the Associate Vice-President – Real Estate Financing, and is located in Toronto, ONT.
- Identify and develop business opportunities in your market, increase your commercial client base, and establish business development strategies
- Help your clients attain their business objectives by proposing financial strategies based on the most suitable combination of Bank products and services
- Meet clients' changing needs by adapting and optimizing financial products and sales approaches
- Negotiate the terms and conditions of agreements with clients, while making sure that they meet risk management standards and profitability criteria
- Create and execute sales and business development plans in collaboration with the Real Estate Financing Group’s annual goals;
- Manage, develop and maintain an existing portfolio including, but not limited to, credit underwriting and analysis of annual reviews, writing of new business, and exhibiting strong risk management skills;
- Work in collaboration with the Western Canada team mainly, as well as our teams in Quebec and Ontario, in order to reach our objectives of increased revenues and continuous improvement.
- Identify the risks inherent to Personal and Commercial Banking sector activities.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of real estate financing experience
- Business development and negotiation experience
- Knowledge of banking products and services for real estate businesses
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Experience in commercial credit underwriting and evidence of strong business and financial analytical skills
- Be a team player
- Strong English communications skills (oral and written) since the role is based in Toronto
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first :
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Particular Condition:As part of his duties, the candidate will have to travel to meet with clients.
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2023-03-30
Job Number: COR000OY
Posting Date: 2023-03-16