Primary Locations: Toronto, Ontario
Employee Status: Regular
Are you a Murex functional expert?
Do you know well the financial markets?
Are you searching for an opportunity to develop even more your Murex expertise?
If yes, the following is for you!
This position reports to a senior director, IT Financial Markets Delivery.
Murex is at the heart of financial market derivatives at NBC, used by all sectors (Front, Risk, Operations, Finance, and more). You will be able to develop your expertise to the maximum of its potential.
- Listen actively and well understand the business needs
- Analyze the impacts, develop solutions and their integration into the ecosystem
- Model and validate the booking of new products with all stakeholders
- Test, implement stable solutions by automating quality tests and support these solutions
- Ensure that the established solution is scalable, does not create debt and in line with the architecture guiding principles
- Emit and implement ideas and new ways of doing things with a mindset of continuous improvement of our deliveries in order to reduce time to market for our business lines
- Participate in the new DevOps culture of environment and config management
- Contribute strongly to the team skills development, including Murex expertise
- Raise the risks / issues with mitigation plans and solutions
- Raise and validate the points with the vendor when required
- Bachelor's degree related to the industry and 5 years of relevant experience or Master's degree related to the industry and 3 years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of Front-to-Back Murex functionalities
- Strong front office expertise (configuration and booking of products, calculation of P&L and risk measurements, simulation, pretrade)
- Knowledge of financial market derivatives
- SQL and UNIX knowledge
- Analytical spirit, rigor and leadership
- High motivation to learn new things
- Willingness to work in a work climate that strongly advocates autonomy
- Willingness to be part of a successful, dynamic and motivated team
- Good knowledge of Agile principles and methodology
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Unposting Date: 2021-12-19
Job Number: IT001K0
Posting Date: 2021-11-19