Primary Locations: Kitchener, Ontario
Employee Status: Regular
NBC is growing!
- Do you have experience in business development?
- Do you know how to build relationships of trust with your partners?
- Are you autonomous, organized and perseverant?
Being a Business Development Manager means creating strong business relationships with merchants in the car, leisure, boating, RV and pool industries, etc.
This position covers the territory of the city of Toronto out of Downtown Toronto. All qualified candidates are welcomed to apply. There is extensive travelling by car within the territory that comes with the responsibilities of a Business Development Manager.
- You will develop and implement action plans and business development tactics based on your sector's established business development strategies
- You will be involved in business development and will work towards ensuring client loyalty by providing efficient advising service
- In addition, you will increase your sector's profitability by developing the current and potential clientele in your market.
More information about the role
- Identify emerging business opportunities in the market and make recommendations regarding the appropriate action to take
- Ability to execute a business plan and be nimble in adapting your plan to the changing reality in your territory.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with merchants and various other parties involved in the sector's activities
- Help define the business orientations for products and services under your responsibility
- Work in partnership with various Bank sectors to develop new products or to create a tailored product mix to meet client needs.
- Establish a preferred relationship with clients and ensure client satisfaction by providing personalized service.
- Ensure the visibility of the Bank's products and services by taking part in various external activities and by acting as representative for various organizations or stakeholders.
- Suggest new products, services and technology, and recommend changes to existing ones so to meet our clients' changing needs with a focus on client retention.
- The candidate needs to be able to identify all risks inherent to the Personal and Commercial Banking sector’s activities
Want more information about the positions and the challenges? Contact the Hiring Manager Roberto Nardi.
- Completed Bachelor's degree in a related field and five years' relevant experience or completed Master's degree in a related field and three years' relevant experience or completed National Bank University Program undergraduate diploma and seven years' relevant experience
- Experience and demonstrated success in B2B business development
- Experience in account management
- Experience in sales and customer service
- Experience in commercial banking, an asset
- Experience in the Indirect Financing industry or leasing, an asset
- Bilingualism (spoken and written) English and French, an asset
At National Bank, we stand out by investing in our employees throughout their careers—as demonstrated when we were awarded silver in the "Most Innovative use of HR Technology" category at the 2020 Canadian HR Awards for our use of Axonify, a personalized learning solution that can be used every day.
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
The compensation associated with this position is available on the My HR portal. Look up "salary scales" in the search field on the portal. While only one level is posted, the manager has the latitude to position the selected candidate at a lower level, depending on their profile.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
Particular Condition:The incumbent in this position has to be flexible to travel 90% of his/her time in their assigned region. A car and valid driver’s license are necessary for this position
When not on the road, the incumbent in this position will be working from home. This is a home-office based role
The role allows reimbursement of business travel expenses as per Bank Policy
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2021-11-02
Job Number: ADV001HT
Posting Date: 2021-10-19