Customer service agent
The customer service team at National Bank’s Mastercard and TelNat call centre help thousands of clients by responding to their banking-related questions and finding solutions thanks to personalized service and active listening, and a people-first approach. Whether by phone, email or live chat, the goal is to create an authentic experience that fosters lasting relationships. Ready to make a positive impact in people’s lives?
- Profile: You truly care about clients and want to offer them an exceptional and unified experience
- Experience: You want to generate positive emotions for our clients and provide superior service and advice
- Language: Bilingual (English and French)
- Background: You have at least a high school diploma
- Work environment New and stimulating workspace conducive to team synergy
- Customer service skills 10
- Communication skills 10
- Listening skills 10
- Versatility 9
- Team and community spirit 8
- Autonomy 8
- Sense of urgency 8
- Analytical skills 7
We want to build strong teams in Montreal and Sherbrooke that will have a positive impact on the lives of our clients and employees and on the communities we serve.– Laurent Blanchard, Senior Vice-President, Sales and Service, Remote Channels at National Bank.
Competitive compensation and benefits
Flexible work schedule
Education expenses reimbursed
Collaborative work environment
Close to public transport
Customer service agent
Primary Locations: Sherbrooke, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
We have many full and part-time opportunities in our call center team in Sherbrooke. A career as an agent is to use your customer service skills to respond to the changing needs of our clients. The customer service centre exists to help our customers and have a positive impact in their daily lives. Our new, modern offices in the Cité du Parc business complex are specially designed to create a collaborative experience.
- Answer client calls and listen to their questions
- Be attuned to client's needs and resolve issues
- Offer customized solutions to client requests
- Help clients use our banking applications
- Advise about and offer transaction accounts or credit solutions
- Refer clients to your colleagues for their specialized needs
The call centre is open Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.. Several work schedules are possible and will vary depending on the availability of team members. For our part-time positions, your schedule will be planned according to your classes at school. A minimum of 22.5 hours per week is required.
You will begin with a seven-week virtual on-the-job training. It will allow you to experience the customer centre environment and get to know your teammates. The training program focusses on learning in action. You will be supported by a remote trainer-coach who will help you learn about your role, our products and our technologies.
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, which starts at $19.75/hour, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Two pay increases in the first year
- Evening and weekend premiums may apply
- Repayment of your studies
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Exclusive banking services
- Volunteer program
- Telemedicine and virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
Your career development
Many options will be available to you. For example, you could advance in the same role, get promoted or move to another department. We offer many career opportunities and encourage internal mobility.
- High school diploma
- Experience in customer service
- Aptitude for building strong relationships and proactively establishing ties with clients
- Desire to learn and grow in a stimulating and constantly changing workplace
- Attention to detail with your files
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes and team spirit
- Ability to effectively communicate in French and English
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a pleasant employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback is encouraged.
We stand out by investing in our employees throughout their careers! The proof: We won the Achievers Award (Silver) at the Canadian HR Awards 2020 "Most Innovative Use of HR Technology" for our use of the personalized daily learning solution, Axonify!
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Are you ready to live your ambitions?
IMPORTANT Recruitment Process
Thank you for your interest in this position. If your application is selected, you will receive an email from the "firstname.lastname@example.org" email address inviting you to complete a Talent Explorer questionnaire. Please check your spam or junk folder. After receiving this 15-minute test, you have 24 hours to respond.
JobField: Advisory Services, Call Centres
Unposting Date: 2021-11-08
Job Number: ADV001FE
Posting Date: 2021-10-13
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe