Primary Locations: Sherbrooke, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
National Bank Financial – Wealth Management is the fifth largest investment dealer in Canada. We have almost 1,000 investment advisors in over 100 branches, helping more than 400,000 personal clients manage their assets.
This position reports to the Regional Manager at the Ottawa branch.
The Branch Administrator is responsible for the smooth functioning of the daily administrative operations, according to the policies and procedures in effect. In addition, the selected candidate may be required coordinate the implementation of special projects initiated by Head Office or regional management.
The candidate needs to be able to identify all risks inherent to the Wealth Management sector's activities.
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure the daily operations of the branch run smoothly, in particular, account management, fund management, receipt and delivery of securities to/from clients, receipt book management, supervision of visitors' reception as well as correspondence management
- Act as a resource person in solving operational problems and human resources-related matters for all the branch employees; ensure that the logistics needs of all branch employees are properly managed upon arrival and departure as well a keeping up to date the employees' files (vacation, absences, performance appraisal, etc.)
- Ensure that administrative policies and procedures, as well as any communications from head office addressed to branch personnel (Flash Admin, Flash Compliance, Let's Talk, head office initiatives or projects), are distributed, understood and complied with. Responsible for first level IT and telecommunications support for branch personnel
- Ensure adherence to compliance standards by exercising rigorous follow up in order to ensure that the administrative corrective measures recommended by Internal Audit or Compliance are implemented; carry out cost control activities for the branch; promote sound business practices while ensuring compliance with expense-related procedures
- Ensure that premises and a quality work environment are maintained by liaising with suppliers, maintaining the inventory of stationery and office supplies, making sure that office equipment is functional, and coordinating moves, mail management, documentation of daily operations and the application of the document conservation and shredding policy
- Provide administrative support to the regional manager on a variety of tasks, including (but not limited to) preparing and monitoring investment advisors' business plans; assist in the development of tools to optimize advisors' performance and coordinating marketing activities in order to improve the firm's visibility in the region (advertising, sponsorships, events)
- College degree with three (3) years experience OR a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Experience in general and office administrative work
- Experience in investment banking, an asset
- Completion (or willingness to complete) the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH), an asset
- Very good knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- High level of leadership; initiative and autonomy
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and show initiative and exemplify a positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Bilingualism (French and English) written and spoken
At National Bank, we stand out by investing in our employees throughout their careers—as demonstrated when we were awarded silver in the "Most Innovative use of HR Technology" category at the 2020 Canadian HR Awards for our use of Axonify, a personalized learning solution that can be used every day.
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management's concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years.
Come and see how: https://jobs.nbc.ca/diversity
Particular Condition:The candidate needs to be able to identify all risks inherent to the sector’s activities.
JobField: Wealth Management
Unposting Date: 2021-10-27
Job Number: SUP0014D
Posting Date: 2021-10-13