Senior Investment Associate
As an Investment Associate, you’ll play a key role in the team. You’ll work closely with advisors and be a contact person for our clients, providing them with distinctive service. Your work will put you at the centre of the action, and you will continue your professional development. Come contribute to our group’s success!
- Profile: Interest in the financial industry
- Experience: 2 years of relevant experience in financial services
- Languages: In QC: Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French)
Outside of QC: Knowledge of another language besides English is an asset
- Training: College diploma (Quebec DEC) and/or university degree in a related field + CSC course & Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH) completed by the end of your first year in the job
- Technology: Excellent command of Office 365
Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What do our employees and candidates think of us? Discover us seamlessly.
What does it take for an Investment Associate to stand out on our team? Here are a few of the main competencies:
- Unparalleled customer service 10
- Entrepreneurial mindset 9
- Team-oriented mindset 9
- Professionalism 9
- Stress resistance/Emotion management 8
- Interest in finance 8
5 key skills
It’s a field that offers many opportunities.— Investment Associate at National Bank
It’s definitely not a boring job!— Investment Associate at National Bank
Attractive Total Compensation
Senior Investment Associate
Primary Locations: Québec, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
National Bank Financial - Wealth Management is the fifth largest investment dealer in Canada. We have almost 1,000 investment advisors in over 100 branches, helping more than 400,000 personal clients manage their assets.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Quarterback administrative client requests and ensure all admin needs of the client are taken care of
- Support Advisor in the client service plans, make quarterly calls as directed by Advisor
- Maintain current knowledge of client accounts and offer suggestions to Advisor for ways to improve service and provide more added value
- Utilize contact management system for all necessary follow up
- Supervise new client onboarding process and monitor workflow
- Investigate and resolve inquiries and complaints related to accounts and refer to the Investment Advisor, Branch Management where appropriate
- Manage and perform annual year end tax planning service
- Act as the team’s Centre of Influence liaison - Manage referrals and introductions to lawyers, accountants, banker, etc, on behalf of the Advisor
- Prepare and participate in first meeting with clients – prepare packages (gathering all financial content), ensure follow up, and next steps
- Manage all business plan reporting and tracking progress
- Coordinate engagement with team of experts – including quarterly meeting with wealth solutions manager
- A true passion for and in depth understanding for current ‘leading edge’ technology trends/changes and how to adapt and advance business systems to improve the client experience and operational efficiencies
- Completed College and/or University diploma in a related field
- 5 years of experience
- IR Licensed (CSC and CPH completed), RR Licensed preferred or willingness to complete WME, along with Insurance and Options license
- Ongoing and growing knowledge of current market activity and trends
- Exceptional attention to detail, mature/positive attitude, superior time management skills
- Strong technology aptitude – easily navigate through Microsoft Office, experience in social media and building a web presence, leverage Skype & Facetime for internal and external contact, excellent knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks, multi-task, and deal with a variety of personalities (internal & external)
- Ability to quickly shift priorities and deliver results
- Ensure daily communication with your Investment Advisor
- Working with tight timelines and ongoing interruption
- Desire to embrace technology and improve processes
Want to learn more about the position and/or projects? Feel free to contact the manager XXXXXXX
At National Bank, we stand out by investing in our employees throughout their careers—as demonstrated when we were awarded silver in the "Most Innovative use of HR Technology" category at the 2020 Canadian HR Awards for our use of Axonify, a personalized learning solution that can be used every day.
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
Particular Condition:Position paid 100% base salary + redirected premium + bonus. In the event that the successful candidate does not have the required licenses, the candidate must commit to successfully completing the Canadian Securities Course and Conduct and Practices Handbook Course within the first 6 months of hiring.
JobField: Wealth Management
Unposting Date: 2021-05-11
Job Number: SUP000ZY
Posting Date: 2021-04-27
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe