Senior Advisor financial planner
You have the desire to help and enjoy challenges, you'll play an important role for your clients as a financial planner. Through all 7 fields of financial planning, you'll work closely with the team to provide standout assistance and advice to clients when preparing a comprehensive financial plan for them. In your work, you'll build business relationships, develop your entrepreneurship and showcase your leadership. Come join a bank where you are recognized and your contribution will add value!
- Profile: You must be enthusiastic about the client and overall financial planning offer
- Experience: Relevant experience in business development in financial advisory services
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent recognized by the IQPF)
- Valid licence of Mutual Fund Sales Representative (MFSRs)
- Certified financial planner certification (CFP) or be on track to obtain it within the next 12 months
- French / English (varies by region)
What does it take for a Financial Planner to stand out on our team? Here are a few of the main characteristics:
- Client-centric 10
- Leadership 9
- Entrepreneurship 9
- Strong interpersonal skills 9
- Business Development 9
- "Make-it-happen" attitude 8
- Flexibility 8
- Financial Planning 8
- Autonomy 7
5 key characteristics
- Ability to Influence
- Team Player
Our role as Financial Planners is to help our clients achieve their dreams!— Nancy Paquet, Senior Vice-President, Strategy, Investment and Savings, Retail Banking
Outreach and involvement from executives
Take charge of own success
Dynamic and flexible environment
Senior Advisor financial planner
Primary Locations: Québec, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
A career at National Bank Financial Wealth Management means participating in transformation to have a direct impact on the client. As a senior financial planning advisor, you will act as an expert advisor to investment advisors, most of whom are located in the Quebec City area. You'll also benefit from the advice of other wealth management experts to meet clients' needs.
- Write financial planning reports for Investment Advisor clients (7 fields of financial planning).
- Conduct in-depth and diversified analyses on specific aspects of financial planning.
- Provide financial planning support to investment advisors (ad hoc questions and support on financial planning and retirement projection applications)
- Identify business opportunities.
- Work closely with business partners to achieve objectives, including wealth management solution managers, regional directors, etc.
- Work closely with other experts, including estate planners, tax advisors, insurance specialists, etc.
We aim to offer you maximum flexibility in your work to promote your quality of life. This includes hybrid work in the office and remotely.
- Financial Planning Title/Accreditation ( F.Pl.).
- Master's degree in finance or actuarial science (M.SC. and/or A.S.A. designation) or Graduate and Specialized Diploma in Taxation (M. Fisc, DESS) or have successfully completed the CPA Canada / CICA Indepth Tax course.
- University degree in a relevant field (accounting, actuarial, finance, economics, etc.).
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the field of financial planning.
- Knowledge of wealth management, financial products, pension plans and various insurance products.
- Recognized expertise in integrated financial planning.
- Strong analytical and recommendatory skills in the context of assessing complex financial issues (ability to combine the subtleties of different areas of financial planning).
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex financial planning concepts in a simple, comprehensive and practical manner.
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first !
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2023-02-03
Job Number: ADV002CH
Posting Date: 2023-01-20
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe