Manager Commercial Banking Builder Financing Unit
As a Manager, Commercial Banking, you will grow in step with your assigned portfolio of business clients. You will quickly become a trusted advisor on all of your clients’ financial projects. You will acquire new clients through the business development activities in which you will be involved. You will participate in a number of social activities with business people. Experienced, supportive co–workers will support you with complex and varied tasks that you will perform for your clients. You will fully experience the meaning of teamwork. Come join a bank that has a positive impact on people’s lives.
- Profile: Passion for business development
- Experience:Experience in sales and business development, commercial credit and financial analysis
- Background: Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Bilingualism:English and French, depending on the position location
- Work Environment:Bilingual, collaborative workspaces, teamwork, cutting-edge technological environments
What does it take for a Manager, Commercial Banking to stand out our team? Here are a few of the required skills:
- Driven by bussines development 10
- Client–centric 10
- Results–oriented 9
- Commercial credit expert 9
- Skilled networker 8
- Skilled negotiator 8
- Team player 7
- Autonomous and flexible 7
5 key characteristics
- Ability to build relationships
We help entrepreneurs make their dreams happen We manage our own business like an entrepreneur! It's so motivating! Each year is a new slate and brings new challenges.
Initial training and professional development
Digital workspaces and flexible schedules
Availability of Bank executives
Strong brand in Quebec and close relationships with clients
Manager, Commercial Banking
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you have a proven track record in business development?
- Do you know how to develop and manage relationships with your clients and partners?
- Do you have experience in builder financing?
The position of Commercial Banking Account Manager – Real Estate Development Unit (REDU) may be right for you!
As a Commercial Banking Account Manager – REDU, you will be responsible for growing the portfolio of business clients in the residential sector assigned to you. Your complex and varied duties will help you rapidly become a trusted advisor to your clients for their financial projects.
The mission of the Real Estate Development Unit (REDU) is to assist key players in the Canadian real estate market with their construction projects and their investments in quality assets.
This position reports to the Associate Vice-President – Real Estate Development Unit (REDU) and is based in Quebec city.
More specifically, you’ll:
- Identify and develop business opportunities in your market, increase your commercial client base and establish business development strategies
- Help your clients attain their business objectives by proposing financial strategies based on the most suitable combination of Bank products and services
- Meet clients' changing needs by adapting and optimizing financial products and your advisory approach
- Negotiate the terms and conditions of agreements with clients while making sure that they meet risk management standards and profitability criteria
- Draw up business development plans
- Work with other Bank sectors to develop new products or create a suite of products tailored to meet clients' needs
- Assist the Associate Vice-President – Commercial Banking in reaching objectives
- Work with the Sales Managers – Specialized Networks (SMSNs) to take charge of mortgage volumes referred by builders linked to your portfolio
- Actively participate in various networking activities (cocktails, conferences, etc.)
- The incumbent must be able to identify risks inherent to Personal and Commercial Banking activities
- Based on your academic background, at least 4 to 8 years' experience in sales and business development within the financial industry:
- University certificate or National Bank University Program and 8 years' experience
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years' experience
- Master's degree and 4 years' experience
- Experience in sales, business development and negotiation
- Experience analyzing financial statements
- Experience in commercial credit
- Experience in builder financing (commercial real estate, an asset) and mortgage products
The compensation associated with this position is available on the My HR portal. Look up "salary scales" in the search field on the portal. While only one level is posted, the manager can position the selected candidate at a lower level, depending on their profile.
We strive to be an inclusive organization where all employees are valued. National Bank stands out for its many initiatives to promote inclusion, making it a Canada-wide leader in diversity.
Particular Condition:As part of his duties, the candidate will be required to travel to meet clients. The selected candidates will have to complete online tests during the recruitment process. Please note that a minimal time in function ( in the same function, same transit and/or same portfolio) of 3 years is required for this position because it demands a constant and direct relationship with customers. This period will allow you to acquire the required skills for the position and to build a relationship with your customers.
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2021-09-16
Job Number: ADV001HI
Posting Date: 2021-09-02
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe