Primary Locations: Quebec
Employee Status: Temporary
- Are you a student studying for a master’s or PhD degree in machine learning, artificial intelligence, mathematics, computer science, computational linguistics, physics, engineering, or any related discipline?
- Are you talented, motivated and want to gain experience in a stimulating and challenging environment?
- Do you want to have a memorable professional experience surrounded by people with diverse profiles?
Join National Bank's Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Analytics sector for one of our summer internships!
We are a talented team that is passionate about our clients and puts people first.
In your internship, you will be able to collaborate with data scientists and lines of business who actively contribute to multiple initiatives.
Here are the opportunities available:
- Research and Development: contribution to the “Fairness/Transparency in AI” technical guidelines of the bank: literature review, scientific writing, coding examples with solutions.
- Research and Development: participate in projects’ code development and experiments. Understand the bank and the functioning of an applied research team.
- Research and Development
Participate in projects related to automatic language processing. Understand different processes for operationalization and continuous improvement of intelligent conversational agents. For this opportunity, a bachelor's or master's degree in computational linguistics is preferred.
- Feature Marketplace and Production: development of modular, configurable and governed analytical functions serving as input to analytics, on a modern data foundation. Improvement of the operationalization process.
- Documentation and Training: simplify the use and user experience of analytics environments by helping inventory, centralize and standardize the training materials for tools, training guides and processes. Production of analytics solutions.
At National Bank, we’re always on the lookout for talent with different experiences and backgrounds, complementary skills, and innovative ideas. If you’re one of these people, we need you on our team!
Ready to embark on the journey?
- Master’s / Ph.D. in machine learning, computer science, computational linguistics, mathematics, physics, engineering or any related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in Object oriented programming (Python, C++)
- Knowledge of ML libraries in Python, and experience working with Pyspark
- Strong knowledge of statistics, mathematics, and Machine Learning (theory, application)
- 2+ years of model development in ML
- Experience using analytics and machine learning in a business context to understand needs.
- Teamwork, collaboration, translation of business needs into technical language, and vice versa.
- Excellent proven communication and writing skills in French and English
- Valid status to work in Canada
- Leadership skills
- Involvement at your university
- Experience in customer analytics or banking industry
A high-value internship
- A dynamic, secure and fully remote work environment
- A place to experience a memorable summer work environment alongside other interns, all working remotely like yourself
- Managers who are available and open-minded
Your integration and support
You’ll benefit from support and being paired with our experts. Through structured coaching, you’ll participate in team forums, and have access to development tools
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that's accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodation, feel free to let us know during our initial conversations.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
JobField: Internships and Summer Jobs
Unposting Date: 2021-05-16
Job Number: INT000A1
Posting Date: 2021-04-26