Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Would you like to be part of the transformation at National Bank and the data engineering practice?
- Do you want to have a positive impact on clients’ lives through the judicious use of their data with the best practices and tools?
- Are you known for your positive leadership, attention to detail and stringency?
Then keep reading!
Come join a new team reporting to the Chief Data Engineering Officer at National Bank whose main mission is to improve the wellbeing of its clients by using their data securely to offer them customized advice and solutions.
As a Training & Documentation Lead, you will participate in the development and growth of this new practice within the Bank. In this role, you will be responsible for the documentation and training offered by the practice. You will be in charge of the tools, medium and content that will allow the production of quality documentation, and which will strengthen the training of the organization's Data Engineers.
Your main responsibilities and challenges will be to:
- Define the methods, implementation and use of training tools and best practices documentation and governance, to support the practice in respect to data engineering, its vision, its strategy and its capabilities.
- Align documentation and training needs for the whole data engineering ecosystem.
- Ensure all delivery units are proficient in data engineering concepts.
- Work closely with the IT Architecture and Data Architecture teams to refine tools and documentation required based on the strategic vision of the data pipelines required at the Bank.
- Document and develop strong processes while ensuring a robust control environment and providing quality assurance documentation.
- Document and design, with practitioners and the Specialist, standardized procedures for exemplary data engineering performance.
- Document the support and implementation of the key performance indicators the Bank will use in the data pipelines.
- Work with other experienced members of the team to identify, plan, develop and deliver constantly changing training and documentation needs for the practice.
- Work closely with the IT, science and data analysis teams and the business communities to understand the needs, and define and implement all the documentary support and adequate Data Engineering practice training to support National Bank’s strategy.
Your attention to detail, stringency, creativity and innovative spirit, extensive ability to integrate complex concepts, collaboration, empowerment, as well as your ability to manage priorities will make you the ideal candidate.
What the Bank can offer you:
- A constantly evolving work context
- A workplace where the complexity of technology environments fosters development and encourages work-life balance
- A dynamic collaborative work environment
- Competitive incentive compensation
- Competitive employee benefits
- Bright new state-of-the-art collaborative workspaces, and more!
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and five years of relevant experience OR a master's degree in a related field and three years of relevant experience.
- Experience in mentoring support and implementation of documentation and training tools in data engineering, an asset.
- Strong experience in setting up training and documentation tools to support a team of practitioners, highly qualified data professionals.
- Ability to popularize complex data and technologies so as to allow data engineer teams to master concepts and support customer needs.
- Experience in data engineer training
- Experience in the production and maintenance of software projects, and more particularly with regard to the big data ecosystem
- Experience with streaming applications and application program interfaces (APIs).
- Capacity for mobilization and communication with impact.
- Analytical spirit, rigor, creativity and dynamism
- Bilingualism (spoken / written) French and English
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management's concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years.
Come and see how: http:// https://jobs.nbc.ca/diversity
JobField: Business Intelligence and Data
Unposting Date: 2020-12-06
Job Number: BUS000IO
Posting Date: 2020-11-23