Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Note that the successful candidate may work out of Montreal or Toronto depending on where they reside.
- Do you want to join a dynamic team at National Bank?
- Are you interested in learning more about the Operations sector?
- Do you want to contribute to the sector's transformation?
The Operations sector plays a central role in delivering financial products and services to clients. Every day, we move closer to our goals of transformation, automation and digitization, thanks to the hard work of professionals in this sector who strive to ensure we offer exceptional service to our clients.
This position reports to the Manager, Corporate Banking Operations.
Your main challenges:
- Provide advisory support for syndicated financing projects where National Bank is the lead syndication agent. (Syndication projects in the millions and various currencies)
- Be responsible and accountable for a portfolio of syndicated clients
- Analyze complex, operational problems
- Handle flows and funds with several banks and in multiple currencies
- Use fee tables to calculate the prorata by lender for earnings, costs, fees, etc.
- Work with drawdown notices, redistribution notices, risk participation notices and check notices, etc.
- Contact various partners and clients via email and web-conference (law firms, internal and external Finance and Treasury departments, CFO, CEO, Payments, LSS, CCM, cash management, International sector, Credit Risk Management, correspondent banks in the US and UK and other Operations groups involved)
- Track the conditions precedent when changes are made to the financing structure
- Provide expert advice to your less experienced colleagues, management, as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 4 years of relevant experience, OR Master's degree in a related field and 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in managing commercial loans and/or legal documents
- Experience in the banking and/or financial services industry
- Experience in client and partner relations (e.g.: internal/external counsel)
- Solid understanding of products such as LIBOR, bankers' acceptances, prime rate, CDOR, credit agreements
- Good stress and priority management skills
- Disciplined and agile
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French), essential
Interested in the position? Apply now!
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
Particular Condition:***Possibility of occasional overtime in the evening and/or weekend***
Unposting Date: 2021-10-21
Job Number: ADV001K0
Posting Date: 2021-10-07