Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you have experience in IT asset management, contract auditing, supplier governance and developing negotiation strategies in a large organization?
- Would you like to have a key role in the Bank’s strategic IT initiatives?
- Are you known for your ability to exert influence, your work ethic and knowledge of software product management (SaaS, perpetual license, subscription)?
National Bank of Canada is making digital solutions a strategic priority so that it can offer a distinctive client experience, value-added services, and improved operational efficiency. Our IT systems must evolve and adapt to support the Bank’s ambitions.
More information about the role:
- Ensure compliance with software and subscription agreements (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) across the company.
- Manage suppliers through pre-established governance models.
- Develop strategies and processes to complete required inventories and produce proofs of license ownership and compliance by creating reports, models, audit lists and guidelines.
- Keep a centralized database up to date and regularly conduct compliance audits with all relevant stakeholders.
- Advise key stakeholders on methods, processes, best practices, technologies and license management tools.
- Review existing licenses to identify any differences between installed software and licenses by ensuring that installed software matches licenses purchased by the company and terms and conditions of use. Provide recommendations to rectify discrepancies.
- Ensure software asset compliance, rationalization and optimization. Work with members at all levels of NBC management leadership to address any compliance issues.
- Evaluate and suggest solutions to reduce the costs of licences/subscriptions and work with product owners and managers to negotiate a reduced or greater number of licenses, as needed.
- Periodically present progress reports to management on contracts and IT assets that fall under your responsibility.
- Establish, reinforce and maintain relationships and open partnerships with IT asset management executives of business units and internal procurement teams to ensure the Bank is getting the most out of every agreement.
- Take part in supplier compliance audits, as needed.
- Negotiate the terms of new and existing licensing agreements with software suppliers; once licenses are signed, manage software rollout, compliance monitoring, real savings reports and recommendations for corrective action to ensure agreements are adhered to.
- Take part in the continuous improvement process.
- Bachelor's degree related to the industry and seven years of relevant experience or Master's degree related to the industry and five years of relevant experience
- CSAM (Certified Sofware Asset Manager) certification is an asset
- Experience in contract management or license purchasing
- You understand IT architectures and excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- You have a good grasp of legal and/or purchasing concepts to oversee matters of compliance, hardware and license acquisition, and maintenance renewals
- Inquisitive, organized and methodical, you are suited for management and proficient in office automation tools and decision statement. Your interpersonal skills guarantee you’ll maintain good relations with clients and internal stakeholders
- Ability to manage and incorporate the needs of various sectors and communicate with executives
- You are recognized for your strong leadership and negotiation skills and your work ethic
- Be able to hold technical discussions with the business lines
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French)
Improve your chances for success by demonstrating you are a team player with excellent problem-solving skills who enjoys challenges!
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
Unposting Date: 2021-05-11
Job Number: IT001EO
Posting Date: 2021-05-04