Site reliability Engineer – Data Protection
In an organization where cybersecurity is key to decision-making, you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in a multitude of innovative projects and contribute to building the Bank of tomorrow through your expertise and creativity. By collaborating with your colleagues in all sectors of the organization, in your advisory role, you’ll help identify and take control of cybersecurity and IT risks, while ensuring we remain a trusted partner to our clients. We want your know-how and your ideas! Join our team and together we’ll influence the Bank as we move towards a shared goal: become the most cybersecure organization in the world!
- Profile: Like communicating and collaborating, have the reflex to question the status quo
- Experience: Proven expertise in cybersecurity and risk management, good knowledge of emerging technologies
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or solid experience in a related field, supported by certification in cybersecurity (CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA, GIAC/SANS,CRISC,...)
- Work environment: Bilingual, collaborative workspaces, project delivery in agile mode, cutting-edge technological environments
What does it take for a Senior Cybersecurity Advisor to stand out our team? Here are a few of the required skills:
- Passionate about cybersecurity 10
- Flexible and versatile 9
- Team and community spirit 9
- Innate technological curiosity 8
- Ability to influence and explain in plain language 8
- Results-oriented 8
- Sense of urgency / Ability to manage priorities 7
5 key characteristics
- Strong analytical skills
Thanks to our passionate and committed cybersecurity team that specializes in many areas of security, together, we can be a driver of our technological transformation. Here, every action counts.— André Boucher, CISO
I participate on diversified and innovative projects in a dynamic environment!— Cyber Security Advisor
Skilled and inspiring colleagues
Stimulating challenges and projects
Job security & benefits
Cybersecurity: Our top priority
Dynamic and flexible environment
Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
National Bank is carrying out one of the biggest technology upgrades in its history. We are reviewing our systems and processes to simplify them and better align them with our clients' needs, in keeping with the organization's cybersecurity orientations. Come work on a multidisciplinary team that manages and delivers cross-sector projects for the Bank of tomorrow. Do you love technology? Do you enjoy working on hands-on projects? Are you naturally inquisitive? Do you like challenging the status quo? If you have boundless energy, like to take initiative, and enjoy working as part of a team, read on!
As a Site Reliability Engineer – Data Protection at National Bank, you will:
- Oversee the operation, maintenance and ongoing development of data protection assets for their entire lifecycle
- Develop and maintain the program (processes, procedures, schedule, etc.) to ensure the operational excellence of data protection assets and an optimal user experience
- Understand and contribute to architecture design to enable efficient operation and high availability of the technology solutions deployed
- Identify and implement tools and automations to optimize the operation of data protection services and assets
- Oversee the provision of 24/7 support for data protection assets
- Measure data protection assets and address any issues preventing performance objectives from being achieved
We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer hybrid work (remote and in the office), work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance and flexible leave that you can take when it’s important to you.
You’re the ideal candidate if you meet several of the requirements below:
- You have concrete experience in the operational management of high-availability (HA) assets
- You have concrete experience of IT solution design in HA mode
- You have good knowledge of AWS cloud services
- You know the procedures involved in security ceremonies
- You know containerization and microservice orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins)
- You understand continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) and Agile teamwork
- You embrace the DevSecOps culture
- Knowledge of one or more of the following is an asset: Hashicorp Vault, PKIs (Microsoft ADCS, AWS PCA), Jamf, Entrust, HSMs (Utimaco, Atalla, NCipher, Payshield)
- Data protection
- Bilingual: Ability to communicate effectively in English (for dealing with English-speaking colleagues ouside Québec)
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first :
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Unposting Date: 2023-06-09
Job Number: INF00175
Posting Date: 2023-02-10
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your profile.