Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
A career in IT at National Bank means contributing to the technology transformation and having a direct impact on clients. As a Senior Practice Advisor in Cybersecurity, you will be responsible for administering and developing practices for all cybersecurity advisors working in different IT delivery towers.
- Act as an expert authority on cybersecurity advisors’ practices
- Oversee the development of practices and skills, in particular by providing coaching and reporting on trends
- Ensure uniformity in work methods and approaches across the various squads
- Facilitate decision-making for cybersecurity advisors, offer support and ensure that they have the flexibility required to innovate
- Participate in planning and managing management priorities
- Participate in various work tables in your capacity as an expert and work closely with the members of your senior manager’s wider committee
- Participate in the hiring process, performance management and skills development for resources in your unit
As an ambassador for practices, you will report to the Senior Manager, Risk and Practices, and you will be part of the wider team under the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 7–10 years of relevant experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a cybersecurity advisor supporting IT teams (architects, business analysts, developers, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to influence and to synthesize information
- Positive, passionate and curious with good teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and direct problem-solving activities
- Ability to perform and accomplish tasks independently; task-oriented with great attention to detail.
- Professional certifications (CISSP, AWS, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GIAC or other equivalent certifications)
- Experience navigating the complexity of a large organization (e.g., banking sector)
- Knowledge of market trends related to cybersecurity; curiosity and initiative
- Knowledge of security management frameworks and compliance frameworks (e.g., ISO 2700X, NIST, etc.)
Upon hiring, you’ll be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Community involvement program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just some of the many benefits we offer. Due to the current pandemic, our entire team is working remotely. We’ve also rolled out several additional measures to ensure your health, safety, and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We’re a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that’s accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodation, feel free to let us know during our initial conversations.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Are you ready to live your ambitions?
Unposting Date: 2021-09-28
Job Number: INF0013B
Posting Date: 2021-09-14