Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Joining the Third-Party Risk Management team at National Bank means contributing to the transformation and having a direct impact on clients. The Senior Manager, Third-Party Risk Management is a pragmatic and visionary leader, committed to promoting the third-party risk management framework within the Bank to ensure it is deployed, executed, complied with, and evolves. You will implement and support a culture of excellence and an inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, mobilization, and development, while making effective decisions related to third-party management in order to achieve objectives.
This position reports to the Senior Vice-President, Enterprise-Wide Risk.
- Third-party risk management leader and expert for partners, business lines, support units, second lines of defence, legal teams, and sourcing.
- Promote sound third-party risk management that is aligned with our risk appetite targets throughout the lifecycle of third-party relationships.
- Maintain the governance program that allows for efficient decision-making, compliance with the framework, and the escalation of risk insights and postures to the relevant forums, all the way up to the Risk Committee of the Board of Directors. Integrate new business realities and risks into the governance program when necessary to ensure it evolves.
- Work closely with business and support units to ensure proactive third-party risk monitoring and follow-up (self-assessment of risks and risk indicators) and make sure we reach our business objectives in keeping with the risk appetite.
- Coordinate the production of presentations, reports, dashboards, attestations, analyses, and reviews, including the quarterly report on risk posture for material third parties for the Operational Risk Management Committee
- Update the third-party risk management tool (ARIBA) to obtain all the benefits of a centralized tool and quality data, in order to simplify our practice and obtain quality, relevant risk insights when needed.
- Help develop third-party risk management training content, establish relationships with industry peers to share industry best practices and relevant insights, and ensure the development of a high-level third-party risk management framework.
We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer hybrid work (remote and in the office), work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance, and flexible leave that you can take when it’s important to you.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 10 years of relevant experience OR a Master's degree in a related field and 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience managing persons
- At least 3–5 years’ experience in risk management for a financial institution
- Extensive experience in third-party risk management or operational risk
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and best practices
- Strong ability to analyze and resolve complex problems, structure cross-sector initiatives, and define efficient business processes
- Bilingualism (English and French) required, as you will regularly do business with partners across Canada
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to work on several complex files at the same time
- Business and risk savvy and able to make decisions in uncertain situations
- Excellent ability to communicate and explain in lay terms complex concepts that are important for managing third-party risk
- Autonomy, initiative, and leadership
- Strong political acumen
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team!
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Risk Management
Unposting Date: 2023-01-31
Job Number: MAN00433
Posting Date: 2023-01-18