Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Joining the Risk Management team at National Bank means contributing to the transformation and having a direct impact on clients. As Senior Manager, Operational Risk Supervision, you'll be responsible for the team in charge of implementing the operational risk management framework across the Bank and serve as risk manager for the Risk Management sector.
- Do you have sound knowledge of operational risk and its regulatory environment?
- Do you want to play an influential role in the Risk Management sector?
- Do you have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, enjoy coaching and working with a large number of people?
As Senior Manager, Operational Risk Supervision, you'll manage the second line of defence team that oversees the Bank's various sectors and serve as the first line of defence for the Risk Management sector.
You will actively participate in the transformation of operational risk to improve our practices. You'll work closely with Senior Risk Managers and several head office employees and you'll be part of a team where the work is challenging and varied.
Your main responsibilities:
- Manage a second-line-of-defence team of operational risk specialists
- Ensure the deployment of the operational risk management framework across the Bank
- Make sure you have a solid understanding of cross-sector risk activities and issues
- Ensure that operational risks are managed efficiently by prioritizing interventions based on the risks incurred
- Contribute, as a partner, to discussions proposing solutions for risk issues to improve sectors’ risk profiles
- Actively participate in transforming operational risk to improve our practices
- Interact regularly with various stakeholders, such as Internal Audit, Compliance, Financial Governance, Fraud Management, and Business Continuity on different sector-related operational risks
- Provide training and support in implementing various tools for identifying, evaluating, and managing operational risks
- Specific to the Risk Management sector:
- Have excellent knowledge of the sector and a 360-degree view of operational risks
- Take part in the sector’s crisis cell
- Coordinate the various activities related to quarterly reporting and present the risk profile to the sector's Executive Committee
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 10 years of relevant experience, or master's degree in a related field and 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in operational risk
- Experience in personnel management, an asset
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment
- Political acumen and strong ability to exert influence
- Leadership and discipline
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Sense of initiative
- Independent and take-charge attitude
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Risk Management
Unposting Date: 2022-01-24
Job Number: OPE002W3
Posting Date: 2022-01-10