Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
A career in the Consumer Finance industry is about making a positive impact on the customer experience at significant moments in their lives. This position will expose you to the exciting challenges of managing the evolution and retention of the Consumer Finance market in Quebec and Atlantic Canada (such as car, motorcycle, ATV, spa dealerships, etc.). Your strategic orientations will contribute to the growth of your team and the bank.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Personal Banking, Ontario, your main challenges will be to:
- Define, participate in, and execute the strategic orientations of the Consumer Goods Financing sector, which is one of the main priorities in the Bank's business plan
- Help the Bank acquire new clients through the various market intermediaries
- Initiate and propose changes to stakeholders in terms of orientations, best practices, and processes in order to remain competitive in the market, while increasing shareholder value
- Act as a Bank representative to ensure its visibility with various organizations or stakeholders
Your main responsibilities will also be to:
- Follow up on your employees’ competency development and progress by providing personalized coaching on advisory skills
- Recommend and develop new business niches and define business development strategies based on the Bank's orientations
- Build lasting relationships with merchants, manufacturers, and partners through various acquisition and retention activities for your market clients
- Keep abreast of new market developments and ensure that the products and services offered remain competitive and meet clients' changing needs
- Proactively identify and propose changes that promote business development, service quality, and sector profitability
As part of your role, you will be required to visit markets in different areas of Quebec and Atlantic Canada.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 10 years of relevant experience or master’s degree in a related field and 8 years of relevant experience
- Proven experience in business management and development
- Experience in customer relations and business development
- Experience optimizing business processes by maximizing the development and use of technological tools
- Knowledge of the consumer goods loan environment, an asset
- Good knowledge of this specialized market and the challenges in Ontario, an asset
- An inspiring team leader who demonstrates rigour, accountability, and openness
- Excellent negotiation skills with major potential partners
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (for dealing with English-speaking partners outside Quebec)
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2022-10-05
Job Number: MAN0042N
Posting Date: 2022-09-21