Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
With a career as a Senior Leasing Manager in the Market Development and Leasing Department at National Bank, you are responsible for establishing real estate strategies to develop the physical network (branches, Commercial Banking, and National Bank Financial) and corporate spaces in accordance with changes in the multichannel strategy, changes in concepts, and optimization of occupancy costs.
Your daily responsibilities:
- Manage a team of professionals by creating an engaging work environment and exercising your leadership skills
- Guide the development of mandates and special projects that have a major impact on the Bank's profitability and efficiency and ensure they are consistent with the Bank's orientations
- Acting as an advisor, make recommendations to management and stakeholders in order to maximize the organization's profitability and efficiency
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with the various stakeholders involved in the team's activities in order to optimize relationships
- Implement management and operational strategies, and ensure the development and implementation of systems and policies to optimize the department's efficiency, productivity, and profitability
- Participate in operational changes and identify irregularities in operations, systems, and equipment while working to put permanent corrective measures in place
- Act as an expert in various outside committees or activities that require high-level expertise and represent the Bank in dealings with various organizations and stakeholders
- Negotiate leasing agreements with various lessors
- Coordinate the execution of negotiated leasing agreements in collaboration with legal drafting advisors
More specifically, you will:
- Manage a team of professionals
- Improve processes in order to boost efficiency
- Working closely with the Bank's business units
- Propose innovative and achievable solutions to reach corporate objectives
- Negotiate leasing agreement terms and optimize rental savings
- Draft leasing agreements pursuant to the Real Estate Plan
- Plan, organize, and manage all activities related to leasing, buying, or selling properties
- Approve leasing terms and the execution of leasing agreements
- Intervene with lessors or lessees where necessary to ensure compliance with leasing agreement obligations.
This department is also responsible for all contractual agreements related to annual real estate plans and corporate guidelines. This department works with Workspace Management to ensure compliance with budgets and the delivery schedule of various real estate projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and six years of relevant experience OR master’s degree in a related field and four years of relevant experience OR university certificate/undergraduate diploma from the National Bank University Program and eight years of relevant experience
- Considerable experience managing professionals
- Solid experience in negotiating commercial and office leases
- Experience with major real estate landlords/developers and a key understanding of urban real estate markets would be an asset
- Experience in process improvement
- Experience in financial analysis
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French)
Interested in the position? Apply now!
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management's concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years.
Unposting Date: 2021-09-28
Job Number: PRO001DU
Posting Date: 2021-09-14