Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Are you interested in complex technology environments?
- Do you want to work with experienced colleagues and partners in Agile mode?
- Are you keen to work in a flexible, collaborative workspace?
- Would you like to get involved in the technology delivery cycle?
- Would you like to contribute to transforming our ecosystem?
National Bank is ramping up its cultural, organizational and technological transformation. We’re in the middle of an agile and DevOps shift involving multidisciplinary and autonomous teams, where teamwork is the key to our success.
In a transversal and integrated model, the business analysis team of the Financial Markets and Wealth Management delivery tower is looking for an IT analyst whose mandate will be to support the implementation of IT solutions integrated into the Financial Markets ecosystem by delivering solutions that meet the needs of our business partners and are aligned with the principles of enterprise architecture and cybersecurity.
You’ll need to understand business and technological issues, identify them, analyze them and determine the associated technological and functional needs in collaboration with colleagues. You’ll be able to translate business needs into functional needs, document and explain them. Do you have a good sense of initiative and are you detail-oriented?
Join a high-performing team of talented employees known for their communication skills, active listening and analytical thinking.
- Be a multidimensional Senior IT Analyst
- Contribute to different projects and developments in the ecosystem.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the IT ecosystem and understand interrelations
- Understand and document current processes
- Be able to establish and optimize target processes by working closely with multiple stakeholders
- Produce impact analyses resulting from changes caused by target processes
- Understand business issues, identify stakeholder needs, offer and implement IT strategies and solutions, considering the varied nature of files, in order to complete projects
- Prioritize work based on business value and risks
- Collect, document and analyze information in order to validate and prioritize the business needs of clients and all stakeholders, and ensure they are in line with the Bank’s strategic orientations.
- Define and document requirements in functional specifications for solution designers and developers, including expected system behaviours, use cases and user interactions with various systems such as Murex, Smartco, Fenergo, Broadridge, etc.
- Analyze the data required to deliver the solution
- Make the link between business needs and technological requirements
- Ensure the delivery of solutions that meet business needs and that fit with the target architecture
- Organize, coordinate, draft and participate in end-to-end tests
- Identify and document information about stakeholders and their needs (problems to be solved, technical requirements, business processes, data flows, etc.)
- Ensure the delivery of analyses and documents related to harmonious operational change management for stakeholders
- Support business sectors and IT during the various steps to carry out mandates
- Carry out various analyses (context, issues, impacts, functional, non-functional and informational, processes, business rules) to produce a diagnostic on gaps between the current and target situation.
- Develop and acquire related skills to adapt to needs.
We can offer you:
- A constantly evolving work setting
- A workplace where the complexity of technology environments fosters development
- A dynamic, collaborative work environment
- An environment that encourages work-life balance
- Competitive incentive compensation
- A range of competitive employee benefits
- An ongoing training and skills development program.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the industry and at least four years of relevant experience OR university certificate/college diploma and seven years of relevant experience
- Proven experience in business analysis, functional analysis, data analysis and QC in a changing ecosystem
- Knowledge of the IT ecosystem of the Wealth Management & Financial Markets sectors, an asset
- Knowledge of Agile methodology (Scrum and Kanban)
- Experience working delivery in Agile mode (Jira, etc.)
- Experience in business process management
- Experience in change management
- Great ability to think strategically, strong vision, excellent analytical and synthesis skills, as well as oral and written communication
- Ability to work as part of a team and facilitate decision-making
- Ability to gives presentations to and participate in strategic and executive committees
- Understanding of delivery cycles and product/services lifecycles, an asset
- Diligence and ability to take charge
- Client focused, strong interpersonal skills
- Team player with the ability to positively influence and motivate stakeholders
- Ability to adapt in a transformation context
- Leadership, initiative, independence and communication skills
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French)
Upon hiring you'll be eligible for a wide range of employee benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Community involvement program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just some of the many benefits we offer.
Due to the current pandemic, our entire team is working remotely.
We’re a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that’s accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during our initial conversations.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Are you ready to live your ambitions?
Particular Condition:While only one compensation level is posted, the Manager has the latitude to position the selected candidate at a lower level, depending on their profile.
Unposting Date: 2021-09-24
Job Number: IT001IM
Posting Date: 2021-09-14