Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you have a passion for analytics and modelling?
- Are you recognized as a data analysis expert for decision-making?
- Has fraud always piqued your curiosity?
Your mandate as a fraud management ambassador will be to help the Bank counter fraud in the cyber environment.
Reporting to the Strategic Group’s Senior Fraud Risk Management Manager, you will be part of a team of data scientists whose focus is modelling.
Your main challenges:
- Carry out various complex analyses and interpret data in order to provide the information necessary for making fraud risk management decisions
- Help define the sector’s strategic orientations
- Make recommendations to reduce loss risks, increase Bank profitability, and optimize operational efficiency and the quality of fraud risk management information
- Help develop and implement policies, standards, and procedures, as well as work processes related to fraud risk management to improve them and maintain their quality
- Take part in committees or special projects that require a high level of expertise and represent the Bank before various organizations, authorities, or stakeholders to ensure that the fraud risk management issues and requirements are proactively taken into consideration
- Keep abreast of new developments in your activity sector to ensure the quality of services offered
- Stay up to date on changes in the Bank’s fraud risk management policies and practices
Specifically, you will:
- Prioritize processes to be implemented and improved
- Develop and optimize strategies to prevent and detect cyber fraud
- Support operational teams
- Analyze and quantify the impacts of proposed process changes
- Monitor best practices in fraud risk management
- Propose initiatives to reduce losses associated with banking fraud and implement them
- Based on market trends, anticipate fraud that the Bank could be exposed to, and propose new processes to mitigate risks
We are looking for someone who has:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and 4 years of relevant experience, OR a master’s degree in a related field and 2 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of fraud risk management activities, an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SQL programming
- Knowledge of SAS software, an asset
- Strong negotiation and communication skills and ability to exercise influence
- Strong ability to set priorities and work independently
- Demonstrated discipline and proactivity
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management's concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years.
Unposting Date: 2021-06-22
Job Number: RIS00152
Posting Date: 2021-06-08