Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Would you like to make the most of your talent to improve our client experience?
Then keep reading!
Your role: Your mission will be clear and straightforward: use data to improve our understanding of clients, optimize growth strategies, and help improve marketing initiatives.
This position reports to the Senior Manager – Credit Risk Modelling and Strategies.
The sector is responsible for modelling and monitoring the performance of scorecards and risk strategies that cover the consumer credit, credit card and SME portfolios. Your activities will include supporting the growth objectives of business lines and projects for enhancing risk modelling practices at the Bank. You will represent and defend the Risk Modelling sector’s positions to business lines and governance groups.
Your main challenges
- Develop and document credit origination and monitoring models/strategies for the Personal Banking, Credit Card and SME business lines
- Frequently assess the performance of the models/strategies in place and present recommendations for better risk optimization
- Suggest improvements to existing methodologies and processes
- Carry out analyses that will guide risk management decisions and strategies at the Bank
- Establish and maintain effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
More specifically, you will:
- Use various statistical techniques to model ratings (e.g., scorecards) and decisioning strategies
- Work in SAS and coordinate data analytics and exploration, including the data transformation and visualization steps (reporting)
- Organize and conduct meetings with partners from the business lines and risk management to get approval for the models and strategies being developed.
- Demonstrate acute understanding of partners’ business needs by making recommendations on their actions and strategic orientations
- Identify irregularities that may pose a risk to the Bank and recommend the necessary corrective measures
- Act as an expert and advisor for various stakeholders and committees in their decisions related to managing credit risks.
- Demonstrate leadership in adopting innovative analytical approaches, including artificial intelligence, to solve risk management issues
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5 years of experience in credit risk, OR master’s degree in a related field and 3 years of experience in credit risk, OR university certificate/undergraduate diploma from the National Bank University Program and 7 years of experience in credit risk
- Excellent knowledge of quantitative methods
- Advanced proficiency in SAS and SQL
- Proficiency in R and/or Python, an asset
- Experience in applying machine learning, an asset
- Experience in the banking industry, an asset
- Excellent analytical and summarizing skills
- Proven ability to influence and innovate
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, advisory and communication experience, as well as good ability to explain analytical concepts.
- Comfortable applying expertise in an ever-changing multidisciplinary environment
- Fluency in French (required) and a working knowledge of English.
Upon hiring, you'll be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Community involvement program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just some of the many benefits we offer. Due to the current pandemic, our entire team is working remotely. We’ve also rolled out several additional measures to ensure your health, safety, and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We’re a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that’s accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodation, feel free to let us know during our initial conversations.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Are you ready to live your ambitions?
Particular Condition:While only one level is posted, the manager has the latitude to position the selected candidate at a lower level, depending on their profile.
JobField: Business Intelligence and Data
Unposting Date: 2022-01-20
Job Number: BUS000LV
Posting Date: 2022-01-05