Senior Cybersecurity Advisor
In an organization where cybersecurity is key to decision-making, you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in a multitude of innovative projects and contribute to building the Bank of tomorrow through your expertise and creativity. By collaborating with your colleagues in all sectors of the organization, in your advisory role, you’ll help identify and take control of cybersecurity and IT risks, while ensuring we remain a trusted partner to our clients. We want your know-how and your ideas! Join our team and together we’ll influence the Bank as we move towards a shared goal: become the most cybersecure organization in the world!
- Profile: Like communicating and collaborating, have the reflex to question the status quo
- Experience: Proven expertise in cybersecurity and risk management, good knowledge of emerging technologies
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or solid experience in a related field, supported by certification in cybersecurity (CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA, GIAC/SANS,CRISC,...)
- Work environment: Bilingual, collaborative workspaces, project delivery in agile mode, cutting-edge technological environments
What does it take for a Senior Cybersecurity Advisor to stand out our team? Here are a few of the required skills:
- Passionate about cybersecurity 10
- Flexible and versatile 9
- Team and community spirit 9
- Innate technological curiosity 8
- Ability to influence and explain in plain language 8
- Results-oriented 8
- Sense of urgency / Ability to manage priorities 7
5 key characteristics
- Strong analytical skills
The role of the Cybersecurity advisor is essential to protect the current bank and the bank of tomorrow.— Lyne d'Amico, CISO
I participate on diversified and innovative projects in a dynamic environment!— Cyber Security Advisor
Skilled and inspiring colleagues
Stimulating challenges and projects
Job security & benefits
Cybersecurity: Our top priority
Dynamic and flexible environment
Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
National Bank is currently undergoing the most significant technological transformation in its history and offers various career opportunities. If you are passionnate about Information Security, we want to know you!
As a Cybersecurity Senior Advisor, you'll have the opportunity to take part in large-scale projects. You’ll work in an environment where you can excel while collaborating closely with all Bank sectors.
- Ensure that risk considerations are considered at each stage of the system development life cycle (SDLC)
- Assess the risk posture of one or more business units
- Produce, maintain and communicate indicators (progress, performance, risk, etc.)
- Proactively propose solutions to reduce the risk of potential failures
- Use your judgement, based on existing policies and industry best practices, recommend application and network security measures.
- Collaborate with several key stakeholders (IT architects, analysts, BISO, IT Risks and of course our various business lines)
- A bachelor's degree in a related field and 5 to 10 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 2–5 years of experience in information security (authentication, authorization, access control, audit, cryptography, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of the processes for integrating security assessments into the enterprise life cycle (servers, workstations, applications, network components, etc.).
- Team spirit, good interpersonal and communication skills and focus on customer service.
- Ability to explain risk to different audiences (technical and non-technical professionals).
- Professional IT certifications (CISSP, AWS, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GIAC or other equivalent certifications).
- Experience within a large and complex organization (exemple: Banking industry).
- Excellent knowlodge of the industry best practices
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
Unposting Date: 2021-06-30
Job Number: INF0012Y
Posting Date: 2021-05-25
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe