Senior Cybersecurity Advisor
In an organization where cybersecurity is key to decision-making, you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in a multitude of innovative projects and contribute to building the Bank of tomorrow through your expertise and creativity. By collaborating with your colleagues in all sectors of the organization, in your advisory role, you’ll help identify and take control of cybersecurity and IT risks, while ensuring we remain a trusted partner to our clients. We want your know-how and your ideas! Join our team and together we’ll influence the Bank as we move towards a shared goal: become the most cybersecure organization in the world!
- Profile: Like communicating and collaborating, have the reflex to question the status quo
- Experience: Proven expertise in cybersecurity and risk management, good knowledge of emerging technologies
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or solid experience in a related field, supported by certification in cybersecurity (CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA, GIAC/SANS,CRISC,...)
- Work environment: Bilingual, collaborative workspaces, project delivery in agile mode, cutting-edge technological environments
What does it take for a Senior Cybersecurity Advisor to stand out our team? Here are a few of the required skills:
- Passionate about cybersecurity 10
- Flexible and versatile 9
- Team and community spirit 9
- Innate technological curiosity 8
- Ability to influence and explain in plain language 8
- Results-oriented 8
- Sense of urgency / Ability to manage priorities 7
5 key characteristics
- Strong analytical skills
The role of the Cybersecurity advisor is essential to protect the current bank and the bank of tomorrow.— Lyne d'Amico, CISO
I participate on diversified and innovative projects in a dynamic environment!— Cyber Security Advisor
Skilled and inspiring colleagues
Stimulating challenges and projects
Job security & benefits
Cybersecurity: Our top priority
Dynamic and flexible environment
Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
We live in a digital world. Things change every day, requiring us to adopt a pragmatic, agile, and proactive approach to ensuring security when it comes to new opportunities, technologies, and processes.
What about the day-to-day activities of the position?
- Ensure that risk considerations are considered at each stage of the system development life cycle (SDLC)
- Assess the risk posture of one or more business units
- Produce, maintain and communicate indicators (progress, performance, risk, etc.)
- Proactively propose solutions to reduce the risk of potential failures
- Use your judgement, based on existing policies and industry best practices, recommend application and network security measures.
Here’s how you can have an impact in our organization:
- Inspire a positive work environment and be a champion and innovator of teamwork and support.
- Use your solid understanding of security architecture and design to identify and recommend improvements to the methodologies and processes used by the business units and technical teams you support.
- Be able to provide tactical and strategic direction and guidance to help technical teams achieve acceptable security postures.
- Build relationships of trust with technology teams and be able to provide them with application and infrastructure security information to ensure secure delivery cycles.
- Facilitate risk assessments, assist teams with vulnerability remediation and ensure security exceptions are reviewed.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the technology components maintained by the teams you support and their security posture.
- Participate in elaborate projects and present complex security reports, analyses and assessments to both technical and non-technical professionals.
The ideal candidate:
- A bachelor's degree in a related field and 7 to 10 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 3–5 years of experience in information security (authentication, authorization, access control, audit, cryptography, etc.).
- Experience in risk assessment using recognized tools.
- Strong knowledge of the processes for integrating security assessments into the enterprise life cycle (servers, workstations, applications, network components, etc.).
- In-depth, practical knowledge of application architecture and related technologies.
- Team spirit, good interpersonal and communication skills and focus on customer service.
- Ability to explain risk to different audiences (technical and non-technical professionals).
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French).
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Unposting Date: 2021-05-14
Job Number: INF0012S
Posting Date: 2021-04-30
Register for job alerts according to my preferences.Subscribe