Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
The Wealth Credit Risk Management team is currently seeking a Senior Credit Analyst. The mission of this sector is to protect the firm's capital and minimize the business risk related to client transactions while ensuring compliance with the credit policy, rules relating to transaction settlements and the situation that will prevail in the various markets.
As a Senior Credit Analyst, you will be responsible for monitoring and managing National Bank Direct Brokerage (NBDB) accounts. You will review client accounts to ensure compliance with the firm's credit policy as well as the rules that govern the securities industry. Your work will also lead you to complete both simple and complex analysis scenarios in order to respond to client requests with a view to sound risk management and in an effort to minimize regulatory capital.
- Monitor delinquent accounts on a daily basis according to NBDB's credit policy and the rules governing the securities industry
- Intervene for all types of delinquent accounts and/or significant risk that may affect regulatory capital
- After analyzing the portfolio and depending on the level of risk, you may have to liquidate client accounts to bring it to an acceptable level
- Prepare, analyze and review different reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Support and advise NBDB on all credit and risk issues
- Produce, analyze and review the monthly report used to calculate clients' regulatory capital
- Report to the management team in place any issues that may affect capital and/or any situation that may potentially represent a significant financial, legal or compliance risk
- Approve funds out requests for significant amount following the analysis of the client's portfolio and ensure the availability of cash at the time of the request in accordance with industry rules
- Collaborate closely with the various sectors in the analysis of files on any credit and risk issues
- Offer excellent customer service at all times
We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer hybrid work (remote and in the office), work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance and flexible leave that you can take when it’s important to you.
- Bachelor's degree related to the sector of activity and one year of relevant experience OR University Certificate/PUB 1st cycle and three years of relevant experience
- Have completed the following courses: CSC, Introduction to Derivatives and Options Trading and Code and Practices
- Be licensed to trade, including options
- Master the IIROC Rule 5000
- Familiar with the strategies and risk related to derivatives strategies, more specifically publicly traded options strategies
- Excellent knowledge of financial products
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, specifically Excel and Access
- Able to work under pressure and negotiation skills
- Be able to offer excellent customer service
- Bilingualism (spoken/written) French and English essential, as you will have to deal regularly with partners located across Canada and a unilingual English-speaking clientele
- Have a basic knowledge of portfolio management
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first :
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Risk Management
Unposting Date: 2023-02-05
Job Number: RIS001B1
Posting Date: 2023-01-20