Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Are you able to work in a fast-paced environment where new projects come up all the time?
- Are you known for your advisory skills? Do you want to have an impact on the compensation strategy of the Bank's business lines?
- Would you like to play an active role and influence strategic decision-making and the development of compensation practices?
The Bank is undergoing a major transformation and wants to attract talent to contribute to its goal of being the most stimulating work environment in the country.
With this in mind, the Compensation Strategy and Governance, Business Lines sector is looking for dedicated candidates to help develop its practices and work on the major project underway to transform our variable compensation programs. This large-scale project is of great strategic importance and will have a lasting impact for the Bank.
This position reports to the Senior Manager – Compensation Strategy and Governance, Business Lines.
Your main challenges:
- Lead a major project that will transform variable compensation for our business lines.
- Understand business issues, identify management's needs and suggest strategies and solutions that fit with the Bank's cultural shift and transformation.
- Offer value-added solutions relating to compensation that are aligned with business strategies and contribute to financial performance.
- Be able to draw up and execute a project plan while respecting tight deadlines and coordinating multiple stakeholders.
- Act as an expert advisor to the various working committees to guide strategic decisions.
- Be able to influence partners and management and reconcile the interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Ensure appropriate governance of practices and carry out analyses to assess program performance.
- Contribute actively to peer development.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 7 years of relevant experience OR master’s degree in a related field and at least 5 years of relevant experience OR university certificate and at least 9 years of relevant experience
- Experience in compensation, in particular in developing policies and programs that include compensation for the business lines (sales bonus programs)
- Ability to draw up and execute project plans with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in an advisory role
- Be recognized for your agility, proactivity and curiosity in solving problems, managing stakeholders and providing advisory service
- Experience in the financial services industry and/or knowledge of the banking sector, an asset
- Ability to be a positive leader within a team
- Proficiency in Excel and knowledge of SuccessFactors, an asset
- Focused on team results and collaboration
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
Are you excited by this type of mandate? Apply now!
** Possibility of working remotely
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
JobField: Human Resources
Unposting Date: 2021-01-26
Job Number: TOT0000X
Posting Date: 2021-01-05