Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Have you ever worked in the Financial Markets sector or with support teams (Risk Management, Operations, Accounting, IT)?
- Do you have good interpersonal skills and like working in a team?
- Do you stand out for your analytical and synthesis skills? Do you know how to express yourself and document your conclusions clearly, simply and effectively?
- Are you an expert at leveraging data to support your recommendations?
- Are you proficient in Excel and/or familiar with other data visualization and analysis tools (Tableau, Power BI)?
Does this job description sound like you? If so, then read on!
Internal Audit is a dynamic sector that makes it possible for you to quickly obtain an overview of the organization, while promoting your personal development by providing the opportunity to work in a team with colleagues who have a broad range of expertise on audit mandates and various projects.
Your day to day:
- Work in agile mode as part of a dynamic, innovative team where management practices favour a good work/life balance
- Acquire cross-sector knowledge of the Bank, build a network of relationships with various partners and maintain transparent communication with them
- Work in a sector where you can constantly progress while taking on varied and more complex assignments
- Understand processes, governance, reporting and best practices
- Help identify risks that could have major repercussions on the processes examined (efficiency and optimization) and help establish the audit strategy, particularly by completing rigorous analyses on large databases to understand trends and identify anomalies
- Assess internal controls, analyze the problems encountered, identify root causes in cooperation with the partners concerned and support them in identifying innovative and achievable solutions to eliminate the causes of the problem
- Evaluate compliance with the regulatory framework relevant to each audit mandate
- Help draft the findings and present the results of the work carried out to the managers responsible for the processes being examined
- Ensure efficient collaboration with auditors from other Internal Audit teams, the second lines of defence and external auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five years of relevant experience OR a master’s degree in a related field and three years of relevant experience OR university certificate and seven years of relevant experience
- FRM/PRM, CFA, CPA; an asset
- Financial Markets OR Wealth Management experience in any of the following areas: risk management, Front Office, Operations, or Compliance; an asset
- Internal or external audit experience; an asset
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working on several files at the same time
- Leadership and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, ability to simplify and synthesize information
- Ability to analyze data and draw conclusions
- Independent, accountable, collaborative, good attention to detail and proactive
- Knowledge of Office 365 tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Power BI, Teams and others
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French), essential
Ready to join a team that makes a difference? Want to have a positive impact? Submit your application today!
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
Unposting Date: 2021-09-21
Job Number: INT000AV
Posting Date: 2021-09-07