Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- You have strong interpersonal skills and love to work in a team and share your knowledge?
- You stand out for your ability to synthesize your ideas, and you know how to document and communicate your conclusions in a clear, simple and effective manner?
- You have in-depth knowledge of the end-to-end processes of the retail banking sector?
- You have an understanding of analytical tools and know how to leverage data to support your recommendations?
Working in the Internal Audit team is a unique chance to acquire a general understanding of the Bank’s activities and to work in an environment that allows you to surpass yourself while creating strong relationships with partners from several sectors. It means working in partnership, agility, and transparency, having the power to act and being accountable for the results. It means being part of a dynamic and innovative team where management practices promote a good work-life balance.
Our team independently assesses and advises on the effectiveness of the governance processes, the risk management processes and of internal controls.
Your main challenges:
- Understand the processes and products offered to retail banking clients (ie. Financing, Transactional, Payment), notably the end-to-end processes.
- Identify the risks that could have a significant impact on the examined processes (efficiency and optimization) and establish an audit strategy with the use of data analysis to detect tendencies and anomalies.
- Evaluate internal controls, analyze the problems encountered, identify the root causes in collaboration with the involved partners and support them in the identification of innovative and realistic solutions to mitigate the risks.
- Draft recommendations and present the results of the work carried out to the managers responsible for the processes examined.
- In collaboration with the partners, carry out regular and rigorous monitoring of the progress of action plans stemming from the work of Internal Audit and from regulatory authorities, while ensuring the quality of the documentation.
- Ensure efficient collaboration with auditors from other internal audit teams, partners from the 2nd lines of defense and external auditors.
- Bachelor's degree related to the industry and five (5) years of relevant experience OR Master's degree related to the industry and three (3) years of relevant experience
- Experience in risk management and/or external or internal audit, in an advisory role with senior executives and managers
- CPA, CA (or CMA, CGA, CIA) designation, a strong asset
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and working on several files simultaneously
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to simplify and synthesize information
- Agile and results-oriented and ability to work in a team with multidisciplinary experts
- Ability to solve complex problems and demonstrate innovation
- Ability to analyze data and to draw relevant conclusions
- Autonomy, accountability, collaboration, rigor and proactivity
- Strong learning ability
- Knowledge of Excel and / or knowledge of data analysis / visualization tools (Essbase, Galvanize (ACL), IDEA, Business Objects, SAS), an asset
- Knowledge of Office 365 Suite: SharePoint, OneDrive, OneNote, Power BI, Teams
- Bilingualism (spoken / written) French and English, essential
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Particular Condition:** As part of its duties, the senior auditor may have to travel from time to time.**
Unposting Date: 2022-05-20
Job Number: INT000CJ
Posting Date: 2022-05-06