Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Are you known for your expertise in preparing performance management reports and explaining results?
- Would you like to work with a team of passionate professionals?
- Does a dynamic work environment interest you and are you looking to innovate and optimize your activities?
The Financial Performance – Accounting, Financial Markets, Treasury and U.S. Specialty Finance and International (USSF&I), sector is currently looking for a Senior Analyst. The activity sector’s main mission is to provide accounting expertise in the preparation, analysis, oversight and publishing of financial information related to Financial Markets, Corporate Treasury and U.S. Specialty Finance and International (USSF&I), as well as participate in the related disclosure of the Bank’s quarterly and annual results.
This position will report to the Manager, Financial Performance – Accounting, Treasury & Financial Markets.
Your main challenges:
- Prepare performance management reports related to the Financial Markets sector and explain the results
- Prepare performance management reports and reports for external disclosure related to the U.S. Specialty Finance and International sector in partnership with the manager of the USSF&I Accounting team
- Participate in the analysis process for the interest margins of the Corporate Banking and Financial Markets business lines
- Act as an expert advisor in analyzing the business lines’ results under your responsibility and the related processes
- Coach your Senior Analyst colleagues with the goal of creating greater collaboration.
- Ensure the accuracy of reports by performing the necessary checks
- Ensure the success of projects that have an impact on the publication of performance management reports, during our digital transformation to SAP
- Help the Financial Performance Management – Financial Markets, Treasury and USSF&I group achieve its objectives
- Help define key performance indicators for the sectors
- Ensure continuous improvement and optimize existing processes related to the results disclosure and budget processes
- Maintain an overview of Financial Markets and USSF&I results to define value-added management reports
- A completed bachelor’s degree in a related field plus 6 years of relevant experience, or a completed master’s degree in a related field plus 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience presenting results and in an advisory role with management
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Ready to offer value-added customer service
- Proven communication and leadership skills, and creativity
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to summarize information
- Rigour, accountability and able to manage priorities
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French), essential.
- CPA accounting designation
- In-depth knowledge of SAP/Analysis for Office and Fiori, an asset
- Knowledge of financial markets activities, an asset
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Unposting Date: 2021-12-06
Job Number: FIN00935
Posting Date: 2021-11-22