Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec; Toronto, Ontario
Employee Status: Regular
This is an evolving position and is part of a clear and determined development path that can allow you to evolve in your role and, thus, to access different levels of function and propel your career.
Within this Financial Markets Operations (OTC) business line, you will work as an Advisor, trade divulgation with several partners who are committed to the success of the financial markets. Your implication will be fundamental towards the majority of business units, affecting different regulatory bodies with regards to the divulgation of trade details (AMF, CFTC ,SEC, EMIR, IIROC, etc.). You will be on the front line, to maintain our standards of quality, and bringing ideas for efficiencies, automation, and training to the team.
The team's mission is to contribute to the success of financial markets through leading expertise and sound operational risk management.
More specifically, you will:
- Ensure the proper representation of the various financial transactions engaged by our traders to the different regulators,
- Raise potential risks and get involved in identifying permanent solutions
- Participate as the reference person in the definition and implementation of projects
- Contribute to the optimal integration of new products and other regulatory and/or technological requirements in our current activities
- Participate in the various phases of analysis and testing to ensure efficient delivery of the various projects
- Develop and produce structured analyses on various topics upon request from our business partners (Compliance, Managers, Front Office, Projects, etc.)
- Update and optimize existing processes and procedures.
In an environment that allows you to surpass yourself and in which we encourage internal mobility, career opportunities are numerous.
- Completed Bachelor's degree, related to the industry, and three years of relevant experience or completed, or undergraduate degree and six years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of derivative products in general and/or securities lending
- Good knowledge of Microsoft and Excel software (VBA, Macros, pivot tables, dynamic tables, etc.)
- Must have the ability to work under pressure, quickly but rigorously. Ability to work in a team, ability to communicate ideas well
- Must demonstrate a capacity of working with/manipulating sensitive and confidential data
- Bilingual (spoken/written) French and English
- Experience in capital markets operations
- Experience in problem solving on irregular and complex financial transactions
- Experience in dealing with projects and new products
- Knowledge of Murex, Global One, ISM, TriOptima, DTCC
- Knowledge of VBA macros
- Versatile, resourceful, proactive and above all have a curiosity to learn.
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Unposting Date: 2022-07-01
Job Number: ADV00222
Posting Date: 2022-06-17