Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you have a solid background in accounting?
- Interested in learning more about the consumption tax industry?
- Are you looking for a working atmosphere where complicity is at the heart of its values and where you will have to collaborate with various internal and external partners at the Bank?
Take note of this opportunity!
- Analyze and interpret financial data, explaining any discrepancies and ensuring corrections are made
- Follow up and control accounting/fiscal/financial operations, ensuring they comply with current standards and procedures
- Coach your less experienced colleagues
- Establish and maintain partnerships with various internal and external parties involved in common projects
- Develop, implement, follow up and control systems, tools and work processes and to formulate recommendations to optimize operational efficiency and the quality of financial information
- Identify and analyze the needs of parties involved in order to design systems, tools and work processes that meet their needs and facilitate the decision-making process
Specifically, you will:
- Work to build existing operational reports using new SAP tools
- Participate in the accounting and compliance of consumption taxes (GST-TVH-TVQ) of various entities of the BNC group
- Perform the control and analysis of various accounting transactions
- Support our various partners in the finance and business sectors in decision-making
- Actively participate in accounting and government audits
- Adapt work tools and analyzes according to the needs and new activities of the sector
- Participate in various projects to optimize our processes
- Completed Bachelor's degree, related to the industry and five years of relevant experience OR Master's degree related to the industry and three years of relevant experience OR University certificate / PUB Undergrad and seven years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge with Excel; mandatory
- Knowledge of SAP software; Essbase and Smart Stream; desirable
- Experience with consumption taxes; desirable
- Ability to work with multiple systems and subsystems to extract the information necessary for accounting analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Respect of deadlines, rigor, thoroughness
- Bilingualism (spoken / written) French and English
Interested in the position? Apply now!
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
Unposting Date: 2021-09-27
Job Number: FIN0090L
Posting Date: 2021-09-13