Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec; Québec, Quebec; Sherbrooke, Quebec; Trois-Rivières, Quebec; Ottawa, Ontario
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you have a marked interest in taxation?
- Are you interested in exploring new ways of working?
- Are you looking for a flexible and collaborative work environment?
Then this position is for you!
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Taxation, you will be responsible for monitoring the tax compliance of employee compensation-related activities at the Bank and its subsidiaries. You'll work closely with your colleagues in the Taxation, Accounting and Human Resources departments, as well as stakeholders in other business units.
Your main challenges:
- Assessing and communicating matters related to the Canadian tax system in regards to the compensation of employees and representatives of the Bank and its subsidiaries
- Listening actively to partners and propose solutions geared to their needs in order to support activities related to compensation paid by the Bank and its subsidiaries
- Dealing with different Bank sectors to provide support and specialized tax advice
- Helping to develop, implement and apply policies, standards and procedures
Specifically, you will:
- Provide advisory support on all tax issues related to compensation, employee benefits and employee programs
- Work closely with the Tax Compliance – Compensation team
- Work closely with your colleagues in Taxation to ensure adequate financial disclosure of tax expenses for compensation-related activities affecting the Bank and its subsidiaries
- Provide advisory support to the Accounting Manager, Tax Compliance – Compensation and their team
- Develop and maintain good relationships and communication with collaborators and business units
- Participate actively in compensation-related tax audits
- Participate actively in improving processes by helping to find solutions and supporting their implementation
- Perform tax research
- Ensure legislative and regulatory monitoring of tax measures affecting total compensation, analyze their impacts, and communicate them proactively to your colleagues and internal partners
- Provide advisory support to the Employee Experience team for compensation-related projects
- Support and take part in other tax-related activities, as needed
Interested in the position? Apply now!
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management's concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years.
Come and see how: https://jobs.nbc.ca/diversity
Unposting Date: 2021-02-04
Job Number: TAX00018
Posting Date: 2021-01-07