Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Are you interested in managing Bank-wide projects with agility?
- Are you skilled at building trust-based relationships with colleagues and collaborators?
- Are you interested in creating simulation and forecasting tools?
This position reports to the Manager - Simulation in Risk and Strategy team within the Enterprise-Wide Risk team. As part of our team, you’ll make a positive impact by helping to ensure that the Bank is prepared for crises and remains resilient in adverse conditions.
Your main challenges:
- Oversee and carry out crisis simulations: enterprise-wide stress tests, macro stress tests, recovery and resolution planning
- Act as an expert and serve as the primary point of contact both internally (employees on the ground, senior committees) and externally (regulatory bodies, Canadian Bankers Association)
- Create simulation and forecasting tools
- Develop non-financial simulation programs (crisis simulations, climate change)
- Influence and develop practices for analyzing scenarios and link these practices to risk appetite, capital planning and strategic planning
- Work closely with the Risk, Finance and Treasury sectors
In other words, you will be the “champion” of stress testing at the Bank.
What will you do on a daily basis?
- Manage processes with more than 30 stakeholders
- Draw up and manage a schedule of several months and ensure that all parties understand their role in the production process and deliver on time
- Regularly explain scenarios and instructions via Teams, negotiate deadlines and/or manage unforeseen events
- Draft and present reports to the CRO, CFO and senior committees on a regular basis
- Challenge your colleagues to ensure the quality of results
- Help your colleagues to develop new methods
- Monitor practices outside the Bank (other banks, other countries)
- Produce end-to-end scenario analyses on an ad hoc basis
- Serve as the point of contact for ad hoc requests and regulatory requests
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 7 years of relevant experience OR a master’s degree in a related field and 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in risk management, capital management or project management
- Cross-sector knowledge of banking (inter-sector links) or the regulatory environment (OSFI, Capital, ICAAP)
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to work on several complex files at the same time
- Communication, teamwork and influencing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Programming knowledge (Visual Basic, SAS, SQL, Power BI), an asset
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English/French), essential
Interested in the position? Apply now!
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
JobField: Risk Management
Unposting Date: 2021-09-23
Job Number: RIS0015N
Posting Date: 2021-09-13