Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you have a keen interest in compliance, risk management and the fight against fraud?
- Are you recognized for your analytical skills?
- Are you curious and resourceful? Do you like to keep up with the latest IT tools?
As a Senior Advisor on the Independent Oversight – Regulatory Compliance team, you will:
- Act as the «2nd Line of Defense» audit advisor for sectors being audited, stakeholders and management in decisions requiring expertise in compliance.
- Work closely with partners in several sectors.
- Work in a dynamic and diverse work environment.
- Be part of a vibrant and motivated team.
Your main challenges:
- Plan and perform evaluations to ensure business units comply with regulatory requirements.
- Carry out various mandates and projects that have a major impact on the Bank’s activities.
- Make recommendations to mitigate risks of regulatory non-compliance.
- Write reports and communicate results to the business lines leaders involved.
- Follow up on action plans further to the recommendations made.
- Perform analyses using data analysis tools.
The Senior Advisor will report to the Director, Independent Evaluation Business & Personal in the Compliance Sector (2nd Line of Defense) which is part of the Risk Management business line. A team of 3 people that fosters collaboration with partners in different sectors and pursuing new trends allowing to evolve audit practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5 years of relevant experience, OR master’s degree in a related field and 3 years of relevant experience,
- CPA, CIA or CFE designation, an asset
- Canadian Securities Course, an asset
- Experience in external or internal audit, compliance, risk management, the fight against fraud, an asset
- Knowledge of financial products and services Business & Personal, an asset
- Proficiency in Excel and/or knowledge of Power BI, an asset
- Agile, results-oriented and able to work in a team with multidisciplinary experts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent, accountable, collaborative, diligent and proactive
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French), essential
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a pleasant employee experience. We value employees' ideas and use surveys and other programs to encourage feedback and ongoing communication.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
Particular Condition:*** As part of their duties, the incumbent may need to travel (less than 5% of the time)
JobField: Risk Management
Unposting Date: 2021-09-27
Job Number: RIS0016A
Posting Date: 2021-09-13