Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
The Personal Banking Compliance team provides expertise on compliance and plays a key role supporting the Personal and Commercial Banking and Operations business lines with all complex issues related to banking industry regulations (Bank Act, anti-money laundering, etc.). Joining our team means growing in a dynamic environment that's constantly evolving.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Personal Banking Compliance.
Main responsibilities of the position:
- Act as a compliance partner and expert advisor for stakeholders and management on decisions that require expertise interpreting and applying regulatory requirements
- Implement and support various projects and mandates aimed at ensuring the Bank’s compliance with banking regulatory requirements (Bank Act, anti-money laundering, etc.)
- Carry out analyses and assess risks with a view to guiding stakeholders’ decisions
- Influence the Bank’s orientations with respect to regulatory risk and ensure the cooperation of the parties involved
- Recommend measures to be adopted to upgrade compliance programs, policies, procedures and management systems in line with industry best practices in order to mitigate regulatory risk and ensure the operational efficiency of processes
More specifically, you will:
- Monitor regulatory changes that impact on the activities of the Bank and its subsidiaries
- Act as a compliance partner for the Personal and Commercial Banking and Operations sectors in implementing regulatory requirements in order to mitigate risks
- Analyze, interpret and review various reports and documents to make sure they comply with applicable laws and standards
- Make recommendations on applying best practices to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and operational efficiency
- Help identify, document and implement necessary control measures to ensure that business units comply with regulations
- Coordinate activities with the various Compliance and Legal Affairs teams: legislative monitoring, governance, PCMLTF, registrations
- Support various internal stakeholders in interpreting regulations and applying them in their business activities
- Completed bachelor’s degree and six years of relevant experience or completed master’s degree and four years of relevant experience
- Member of the Barreau du Québec, an asset
- Relevant compliance or risk management experience
- Experience in an advisory role
- In-depth knowledge of the products and activities of the Personal and Commercial Banking sector, its operational and transaction processes
- Attention to detail and very strong analytical skills (understanding complex regulatory requirements and being able to apply them to complex business units)
- Knowledge of regulations applicable to the banking industry (Bank Act, anti-money laundering, etc.)
- Communication and negotiation skills, and ability to influence
- Proactivity and ability to work collaboratively in a team and with numerous stakeholders
- Good business intuition and initiative and strong ability to innovate
- Bilingualism (French and English), spoken and written, essential
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a pleasant employee experience. We value employees' ideas and use surveys and other programs to encourage feedback and ongoing communication.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Risk Management
Unposting Date: 2021-09-22
Job Number: FIN0090H
Posting Date: 2021-09-15