Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
National Bank, Financial Markets is a leading financial services firm providing investment banking services to a diversified client base that includes corporations, institutional customers and governments. The firm has operations in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Dublin and Hong Kong.
We're looking for a talented and passionate professional who wants to have a positive and rewarding career and contribute to achieving our goals.
- Do you have a solid experience in financial markets and in OTC derivatives?
- Are you recognized for your leadership and ability to mobilize and influence teams of experts?
The Senior Advisor, OTC Derivatives Compliance is responsible for leading the development of NBC’s Canadian OTC derivatives compliance program.
This position reports into the Senior Director, OTC Derivatives Compliance.
- Develop and implement a compliance program to ensure that the OTC derivatives activities of NBC are in line with regulatory requirements (OSFI Guideline B7, Regulations 91-506 91-507, 94-101 and 94-102 and other applicable regulation and policy statements). Ensure NBC’s OTC derivatives compliance program accounts for regulatory requirements in international jurisdictions where NBC conducts business (U.S., Ireland, and U.K.).
- Provide regulatory and compliance guidance and support to front, middle, and back office employees.
- Ensure the maintenance and improvement of an appropriate control environment to prevent, manage and mitigate regulatory risk. Work with all business units and internal partners to pro-actively identify key regulatory risk exposures and develop appropriate controls to manage and mitigate these risks. Build compliance dashboards to report on key compliance issues. Prepare the annual CCO report to opine on the compliance practices of NBC in the OTC derivatives markets.
- Update NBC’s policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Build and implement a compliance monitoring and testing program to assess compliance with regulatory requirements, internal policies and best practices. The scope of the compliance monitoring and testing program includes operational and risk management processes (trade reporting, trade confirmations, clearing, portfolio reconciliation and compression) as well as trading on electronic platforms.
- Review new products and activities to ensure that new initiatives are delivered in compliance with regulatory obligations.
- Conduct internal reviews and investigations and respond to regulatory enquiries. Participate in regulatory examinations, interpretations of Rule changes, and first day letter responses, as well as communications with internal audit teams.
- Deploy educational programs and training for new and existing employees.
- University degree in Law, Finance or related field and 7 to 10 years of relevant experience.
- Expert-level understanding of applicable Canadian laws and regulations as well as global regulatory trends; knowledge of US and EU applicable laws is definitely an asset.
- Good knowledge of OTC Derivatives products.
- Ability to lead and manage complex files and projects and interface with various levels of management.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change in a fast-paced environment, solution oriented.
- A strong team player and collaborator.
- Bilingual (French and English).
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first:
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Financial Markets and Treasury
Unposting Date: 2021-10-19
Job Number: COM000ME
Posting Date: 2021-10-12