Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
*2 openings: you wish to be based in Brossard or Downtown Montreal?
- Are you passionate about financial planning?
- Would you like to work with our team of financial planners to accompany Investment Advisors and add value for their clients?
- Would you also like to put your financial and tax planning expertise to use?
If so, join National Bank Financial Wealth Management! We're the 5th largest securities brokerage firm in Canada with more than 850 Investment Advisors in over 85 branches, helping more than 260,000 personal clients manage their assets.
In this role, you'll provide expert financial planning advice to the clients of Investment Advisors, most of whom are located in Montreal (or on Southshore, depending of your location). You'll also be called on to provide financial and tax assistance to the firm's Financial Planners and colleagues across Canada for more complex financial analyses. You'll be able to count on the advice of other wealth management experts to meet clients' needs.
- Prepare financial planning reports for Investment Advisors' clients (7 areas of planning)
- Prepare, as necessary, comprehensive financial plans for clients whose tax and financial and situation is complex
- Perform various in-depth analyses on specific financial planning aspects
- Provide financial planning support to Investment Advisors
- Understand business issues, identify the needs of various parties and propose strategies to support their activities, keeping in mind the varied nature of files
- Identify business opportunities
- Play a leadership role in your area of expertise
- Reach objectives by working closely with business partners, including Wealth Management Solutions managers, regional managers and others
- Work closely with other experts, including estate planners, tax advisors, insurance specialists, and others
- Establish trust-based relationships with clients
- Monitor market developments and stay abreast of trends to suggest adjustments as required
- Help improve financial planning tools
- Contribute to improving and developing work processes
- Financial Planning title/certification (F.Pl.)
- University diploma in a related field (accounting, actuarial science, finance, economics, etc.)
- Master's degree in finance or actuarial science (M.Sc. and/or ASA designation) or graduate diploma specializing in taxation (M.Fin., DESS), or have successfully completed the "In-Depth Tax Course" offered by CPA Canada/CICA
- Knowledge of the wealth management field, financial products, pension plans and various insurance products
- Recognized expertise in comprehensive financial planning
- Strong analytical skills and ability to combine the subtleties of different financial planning disciplines to make recommendations regarding complex financial issues
- Strong interpersonal skills in communications and customer service
- Ability to explain complex taxation concepts in a simple, complete and practical manner
- Sound knowledge of IT tools
- English and French, both spoken and written
You want to take up this CHALLENGE? Submit your application now! You will report to Sofia Quilico, Regional Vice President of this team and collaborate closely with your Practice Leader, Charles-Antoine Gohier. Feel free to contact them directly for any questions!
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
The compensation associated with this position is available on the My HR portal. Look up "salary scales" in the search field on the portal. While only one level is posted, the manager has the latitude to position the selected candidate at a lower level, depending on their profile.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management's concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years.
Come and see how: https://jobs.nbc.ca/diversity
Particular Condition:*2 openings: Brossard (dix-30) or Downtown Montreal. Tks for specifying your interest in your cover letter
*The candidate needs to be able to identify all risks inherent to the Wealth Management (NFB) sector’s activities
Please note that the role will be posted until the job is filled.
JobField: Wealth Management
Unposting Date: 2021-01-25
Job Number: INV0001L
Posting Date: 2021-01-06