Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Are you known for your extensive expertise in integrated financial planning?
- Are you committed to offering excellent service to Private Banking 1859 clients? Do you have an exceptional advisory approach?
- Are you looking for a role where you can make use of your communication, analysis and financial advisory skills?
If so, come join the team at Private Banking 1859. Reporting to the Manager of this centre of expertise, you will support advisors with wealth management decisions, in particular by carrying out integrated financial planning. Based on your multidisciplinary expertise, you will use your strengths and talents to support this team of nine professionals in achieving its business objectives.
Reporting to the Manager of this centre of expertise,
Your main challenges:
- Provide support and guidance on complex questions to Private Banking 1859 advisors.
- Work with advisors to analyze different situations, and develop tools to promote advisors’ autonomy and efficiency (e.g., retirement projections).
- Carry out financial planning for PB 1859 clients.
- Meet with clients (and their legal professionals and tax experts, as required) and advisors to present analyses and financial planning integrated to their files.
- Devise and conduct training activities with targeted organizations inside and outside the Bank.
- Act as a resource person for journalists in partnership with Public Affairs, when required.
- Publish articles or specialized information documents and act as conference speaker (e.g., with the IQPF, APFF, Advisor.ca (Conseiller), Investment Executive, Les Affaires, La Presse Plus, etc.).
- Closely follow any news on developments of various tax laws and other legislation and proceed with various analyses to assess impacts on the personal finances of clients.
- Be conscious of reputational issues and risks for the Bank in your dealings with clients.
- Maintain relationships with the Bank’s internal and external experts.
- Participate in and publicly comment on changes announced following budgets and tax changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and master’s degree in taxation (or a specialized field such as law, notarial law, actuarial science, CFA)
- IQPF membership
- At least ten (10) years of experience in integrated financial planning
- Recognized expertise in integrated financial planning
- Strong analytical skills and ability to combine the subtleties of different financial planning disciplines to make recommendations on complex financial issues
- Ability to form relevant financial opinions further to interpreting various fiscal changes
- Integrity and solid communication skills
- Excellent ability to influence
- Comfortable using Excel (and other Microsoft Office suite tools)
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Wealth Management
Unposting Date: 2022-07-04
Job Number: WEA000HA
Posting Date: 2022-06-18