Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Are you known for your advisory skills? Do you want to have an impact on the compensation strategy for the Bank’s head office sectors and emerging professions?
- Would you like to play an active role and influence strategic decision-making and the development of compensation practices?
- Are you able to work in a fast-paced environment where new projects come up all the time?
The Bank is undergoing a major transformation and wants to attract talent to contribute to its goal of being the most stimulating work environment in the country.
Given this situation, the Compensation Strategy and Governance, Head Office sector is looking for a dedicated candidate to help develop its practices and contribute to ongoing projects that will have a long-term impact on the organization.
This position reports to the Senior Manager – Corporate Compensation Strategy and Governance.
Your main challenges:
- Act as a strategic partner for the Bank’s head office sectors on matters relating to compensation.
- Act as an expert advisor when it comes to compensation and influence decisions and strategies.
- Offer value-added solutions that are aligned with business strategies and contribute to financial performance.
- Ensure appropriate governance of our practices and carry out analyses to assess how well corporate policies are working.
- Intervene strategically with various partners and contribute to carrying out activities by providing high-level expertise.
- Develop and establish competitive and innovative compensation solutions, strategies and guidelines that require buy-in from multiple stakeholders and meet business needs.
- Understand business issues, identify stakeholders' needs and suggest strategies that fit with the Bank's cultural shift and transformation.
- Contribute to the execution of various projects and mandates, act as an expert advisor to the various working committees, and provide alignment to guide strategic compensation decisions.
- Represent the Bank and participate in information forums with external third parties to keep up with best practices in total compensation and develop our practices and approaches.
- Ability to be a positive leader in an agile team where collaboration is essential
- Experience in compensation, in particular in developing corporate policies and programs, including the design of salary ranges, short-term variable compensation programs and market benchmarking
- Be recognized for your agility, proactivity and curiosity in solving problems, managing stakeholders and providing advisory service
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 7 years of relevant experience OR master’s degree in a related field and at least 5 years of relevant experience OR university certificate and at least 9 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the financial services industry and/or knowledge of the banking sector, an asset
- Proficiency in Excel and knowledge of SuccessFactors, an asset
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
Are you excited by this type of mandate? Apply now!
** Possibility of working remotely
** Modern, functional, open-concept work environment conducive to discussions with colleagues at all levels
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management's concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years.
JobField: Human Resources
Unposting Date: 2021-01-30
Job Number: TOT0000S
Posting Date: 2020-12-21