Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you know how to develop and manage relationships with your clients and partners?
- Are you the go-to person for complex commercial credit?
- Do you want to be a vital partner to major players in Canada's health industry?
Then the position of Senior Account Manager, Health and Innovation Group (Digital Health) is just the opportunity for you!
We have a banking team dedicated exclusively to handling opportunities with high growth potential in the fields of corporate health, digital health and life sciences. Our team offers funding solutions for M&A transactions, investment funds and private capital in the health field, capital structures for growth and expansion, cash management, deposit solutions, and more.
As Senior Account Manager – Health Group, you will be responsible for growing your portfolio of business clients. Your complex and varied duties will help you rapidly become a trusted advisor to your clients for their financial projects.
This position reports to the Associate Vice-President, and is located Montreal.
In your role, you will be expected to:
- Identify and develop business opportunities in your market, increase your commercial client base and establish business development strategies
- Help your clients attain their business objectives by proposing financial strategies based on the most suitable combination of Bank products and services
- Manage relationships with sophisticated clients who have financing needs between $10 million and $150 million in situations often related to deals
- Meet clients' changing needs by adapting and optimizing financial products and sales approaches
- Negotiate the terms and conditions of agreements with clients while making sure that they meet risk management standards and profitability criteria
- Draw up sales and business development plans
- Assist the Associate Vice-President – Health Group in reaching objectives
- Identify opportunities for and make referrals to the Capital Markets sector
- Work with various internal partners (Portfolio Manager, Account Representative, Risk Management, Treasury, Private Banking, etc.) and external partners (legal counsel and accountants)
- Act as a leader and participate in mentoring less experienced team members
- Participate actively in various networking activities in the sector: cocktail hours, conferences, targeted fundraisers, etc.
- The incumbent must be able to identify risks inherent to Personal and Commercial Banking activities
- Based on your academic background, at least 8 years of experience in sales and business development within the financial industry:
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience
- Master's degree and 8 years of experience
- Well versed in the syndication process owing to the size of transactions (financing between $10 million and $150 million)
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- In-depth expertise in financial and business analysis and understanding of inherent risks
- Solid experience in commercial credit
- Experience in sales and business development
- Established network of professional contacts, an asset
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
We strive to be an inclusive organization where all employees are valued. National Bank stands out for its many initiatives to promote inclusion, making it a Canada-wide leader in diversity.
Particular Condition:As part of his duties, the candidate will have to travel to meet with clients.
The selected candidates will have to complete online tests during the recruitment process.
Please note that a minimal time in function (in the same function, same transit and/or same portfolio) of 3 years is required for this position because it demands a constant and direct relationship with customers. This period will allow you to acquire the required skills for the position and to build a relationship with your customers.
JobField: Advisory Services, Commercial Banking
Unposting Date: 2020-10-30
Job Number: COR000K9
Posting Date: 2020-09-24