Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you love challenges?
- Do you enjoy analyzing business needs and resolving issues that are often quite complex?
- Are you passionate about data? Do you know how to build solid partnerships with business and technology sectors?
Come join the Big Data, Analytics and Data Visualization Delivery team! This dynamic and innovative team works on data valorization projects. Join us and be part of a team that will define data analytics of the future.
Being an SAS Administrator in our team means helping developers, analysts, IT solution architects and business sectors to manage the corporate SAS platform and implement analytics solutions for all Bank sectors. You’ll be part of a team that aims to learn continuously in order to ensure innovative management of data visualization systems.
Innovation, commitment, team spirit, and developing knowledge about data analytics are central to our day-to-day tasks. If you are looking for such a team, this position is for you.
Our activities are split equally between implementing new technology solutions and automating and optimizing our solutions while ensuring security. We need to work very closely with various IT and value chain actors at the Bank (Credit Origination, Fraud, Marketing, etc.).
We therefore need dynamic and creative candidates able to work with multidisciplinary teams to efficiently design and deliver quality solutions while meeting delivery deadlines.
Your main challenges
- Conduct various analyses, make recommendations to address business issues in an efficient and sustainable way, and implement them according to the highest of quality standards
- Provide leadership to help users understand and make the best choices
- Certify or modify existing applications based on the needs of users, business imperatives and technology requirements
- Maintain and upgrade the SAS platform, access management and data security
- Analyze change requests in the systems, assess their impact on existing applications, and suggest and carry out the appropriate changes
- Ensure the integrity of computerized data and system stability
- Take part in and advise the team in resolving irregularities and performance issues
More specifically, you will:
- Ensure sound management of the SAS platform to provide users with a secure, reliable and sustainable service
- Analyze, program, and/or optimize the SAS code
- Ensure the technical feasibility of requested changes and understand the business field and industry requirements
- Analyze and review the logic and documentation of existing systems under your responsibility, as needed
- Investigate and resolve problems of various complexity for application or infrastructure systems
- Monitor control mechanisms to ensure they satisfy user needs and business imperatives
- Manage adequate and optimal use of software and infrastructure resources
- Meet user requests and help them further their knowledge of SAS
- Work closely with the solution architect and developers to make recommendations on the SAS platform upgrade
- University degree or academic equivalent in a related field and 8 years of relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of SAS; development, security management, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Stored Processes and SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office
- Concrete experience installing, configuring and administering SAS software in complex environments (multitier) (Version 9.3 and 9.4)
- Experience in operational support and maintaining a complex data management and business intelligence environment
- Experience with databases
- Knowledge of Unix and Linux
- Understanding of SDLC processes, knowledge of ITIL, an asset
- Experience in SAS platform migration (v 9.3 to 9.4 ideally), an asset
- Knowledge of SAS Viya, an asset
- Knowledge of data protection, desirable
- Leadership, professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We're committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
Unposting Date: 2021-09-29
Job Number: IT001HN
Posting Date: 2021-09-15