Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
- Do you love challenges?
- Do you like to analyze business needs with the goal of resolving issues that are often quite complex?
- Are you passionate about data? Do you know how to build solid partnerships with business and technology sectors?
Come join the Advanced Analytics Delivery team! This dynamic and innovative team works on data valorization projects. Join us and be part of a team that will define data analytics of the future.
Being an SAS Developer in our team means helping other developers, analysts, IT solution architects and business sectors to manage the corporate SAS platform and implement analytics solutions for all Bank sectors. You’ll be part of a team that aims to learn continuously in order to ensure innovative management of data systems.
Your main challenges
- Conduct various analyses, make recommendations to address business issues in an efficient and sustainable way, and implement them according to the highest of quality standards
- Provide leadership to help users understand and make the best choices
- Certify or modify existing applications and programs based on the needs of users, business imperatives and technology requirements
- Help maintain and upgrade the SAS platform, access management and data security
- Help migrate the SAS platform to the AWS Cloud and integrate SAS Viya into the Horizon advanced analytics ecosystem
- Analyze requests for changes to systems, assess their impact on existing applications, and suggest and carry out the appropriate changes
- Ensure the integrity of computerized data and system stability
More specifically, you will:
- Analyze, program, and/or optimize the SAS code
- Ensure the technical feasibility of requested changes and understand the business field and industry requirements
- Analyze and review the logic and documentation of existing systems under your responsibility, as needed
- Investigate and resolve problems of varying complexity for application or infrastructure systems
- Monitor control mechanisms to ensure they satisfy user needs and business imperatives
- Establish communication mechanisms with other delivery teams and the business sectors
- Manage adequate and optimal use of software and infrastructure resources
- Meet user requests and help them further their knowledge of SAS
- University degree or academic equivalent in a related field and 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in SAS program development and support
- Knowledge of the SAS Viya platform, an asset
- Experience with databases
- Knowledge of Unix and Linux
- Knowledge of the banking industry and modelling, desirable
- Knowledge of programming statistical models, an asset
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps methodologies, desirable
- Knowledge of data protection, desirable
- Leadership, professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
Upon hiring, you'll be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Community involvement program
- Virtual sleep clinic.
These are just some of the many benefits we offer.
Being part of the National Bank team means being able to reach your full potential thanks to the many career development opportunities in different sectors, on different projects and with different teams.
Due to the current pandemic, our entire team is currently working remotely.
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have positive impact on people’s lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that's accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodation, feel free to let us know during our initial conversations.
Are you ready to live your ambitions?
Unposting Date: 2022-09-07
Job Number: DEV000BN
Posting Date: 2022-08-18