Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Reporting to the Senior Risk Manager National Bank Financial Wealth Management NBFWM, the Risk Management Advisor is responsible for managing and following up on matters related to security within the NBFWM network as well as for risk management activities such as: breach of confidentiality, loss/theft of technological devices, access to systems, risk grid analysis, etc. You will also be able to distinguish yourself by your ability to identify potential risks that could occur within the branches of the NBFWM network.
We are looking for someone...
- Recognized as being detail oriented
- With the skills and ability to support NBFWM branches across Canada by effectively aligning risk management decisions with business needs
- Who is looking for a role where you can leverage your communication, analytical and business recommendation skills
Your main challenges:
- Foster an operational culture with a rigorous and dynamic risk management focus
- Act as a point of contact for internal stakeholders / partners regarding risk management
- Follow up on the implementation of the Business Continuity Plans of the branches
- Manage and document the various confidentiality breaches related to NBFWM activities
- Play a leading role in the management of user access to the NBFWM network
- Participate in various projects and mandates related to the business initiatives of the NBFWM
- Assist and support the Senior Risk Manager in the day-to-day risk management by assisting the various stakeholders and sharing best practices with them
More specifically, you will
- Act as the resource person in operational risk management for your sector
- Have a good understanding of the sector's activities and risk issues
- Coach, support and support the teams on operational risk management
- Contribute to the definition of orientations, tools and activities supporting risk management and business initiatives for NBFWM
- Support the teams in the implementation of action plans to respond to the recommendations from various stakeholders
Want to know more? Do not hesitate to contact the Senior Risk Manager National Bank Financial Wealth Management.
- Bachelor's degree related to the industry and four years of relevant experience OR Master's degree related to the industry and two years of relevant experience
- Ability to quickly grasp the issues related to the various risks inherent to the activities of NBFWM
- Knowledge of the securities industry
- Experience working in an advisory role
- Ability to quickly understand the "sense of urgency" and communicate it to the right people
- Highly available to respond to various business needs
- Ability to analyze and synthesize
- Ability to write and communicate with rigor
- Autonomy, initiative, decision making in grey areas
- Propensity to offer a fast and efficient service to the network
- Bilingualism (spoken/written) French and English essential
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?
JobField: Risk Management
Unposting Date: 2022-07-06
Job Number: OPE00328
Posting Date: 2022-06-22